Dolmar 6000i, yea or nay?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky46cc

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Have a chance to buy a Dolmar 6000i for $190-$200. Don't really need it right now, but when has that ever mattered !!
Saw apparently runs well, cuts well, 20 in. bar. What say you all? Is this a good buy?

Thanks,
Tom

I just got one - and I'm very impressed.

It's a heavy old thing for a 60cc saw, but it pulls a 20" well, oils well, starts easier than any saw I've ever used and everything on it seems well built. I like that it is convertible between small and large mount husky bars.

I bought it because a friend had asked me to keep my eyes out for a saw for him, not sure I can part with it now! For firewood duties I can't imagine a better value saw.

Tom,
Buy it....you'll never regret it!!

They are a little heavy but the way they run and the way they are built is something we need more of these days.

I run a 24/skip on mine without a problem. You'll be amazed at the bottom end torque the saw had and excellent throttle responce!!

One of my favorites!!!!

Rich

Those guys are steering you wrong man. They wouldn't know wood putty from monkey dung, one of the biggest POS saws there is. Id hate to see you waste your money.....
.........where did you say that was for sale? Hahaha!

Go snatch that thing up as quick as you can!!! GREAT SAWS! If you ever reget buying it PM me.

Those guys are steering you wrong man. They wouldn't know wood putty from monkey dung, one of the biggest POS saws there is. Id hate to see you waste your money.....
.........where did you say that was for sale? Hahaha!

Go snatch that thing up as quick as you can!!! GREAT SAWS! If you ever reget buying it PM me.
You really are sick,,,

But you are too late, I had already PM'd him,,, so you are second in line now,,,,,

Haha! Good for you. I don't NEED it, but I sure wouldn't let one slip by.

I've tried to talk Poleman out of his, but he hangs on to it like ticks on a beagle hound!

Haha! Good for you. I don't NEED it, but I sure wouldn't let one slip by.

I've tried to talk Poleman out of his, but he hangs on to it like ticks on a beagle hound!
I was just pulling your chain,,,, I never Pm'ed him... But I agree those are some good saws,& likewise if I was needing it I would be all over it Too!!! Yes CAD is BAD!!!

I bought one several years ago used. It is a very nice saw in the woods. Gets the job done.

Spring of 2013, I changed it to a 6800iH with a new cylinder and piston. It is still a very nice saw. I have other saws a little larger and a little smaller. This saw holds its own with the others.

The 6000i is pretty much the same as the 116i but has been moderized with an inertia activated brake.

I bought one several years ago used. It is a very nice saw in the woods. Gets the job done.

Spring of 2013, I changed it to a 6800iH with a new cylinder and piston. It is still a very nice saw. I have other saws a little larger and a little smaller. This saw holds its own with the others.

The 6000i is pretty much the same as the 116i but has been moderized with an inertia activated brake.

Yours had heated handles too, right? :bowdown::rock:

Correct, you can see the switch in the picture. I didn't know it had the heated handles until after I bought. They work too.

I put the outside dawg on it. It is a inside spike with the Rivnuts knocked off and genuine outside spike screws fastening it to the clutch cover.

Back