Dolmar 6100 just finished, pretty impressive!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7995C09F-0A9E-4C75-9016-2169AB28FA4E.jpeg Read previous response, pressure. I take it back on the 7310 comparison; now that I have it dialed, - holy-crap, I'm a believer now. I think I will sell my new 461 now , it just sets anyway. I figured out how to keep the benefits of the scavenging deal in the muffler. It's a lot of work but it works awesome... Video later if I have time today. Peace and Love

Attachments

• 9C80E53C-DFA4-422E-BD48-43F0413A6AE3.jpeg
    9C80E53C-DFA4-422E-BD48-43F0413A6AE3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
Well if you ever been to the factory, they have some ugly looking prototype's. Making it pretty is about last on the list. You want pretty-? Go to the dealer- and buy something that everybody else has. That's not impressive to me anyway... Who am I anyway? Just some broken down wrench that's supposed to be RETIRED!

Looking at the audio spectrum plot it appears to be turning about 15k no load WOT, but the blips are too short to be very accurate. But who cares? WOT rpm on a modified saw is meaningless - it tells you nothing about the tuning or performance under load, or of much of anything else. About all you can learn is if it has a limited coil, but there again, if it's limited above the rpm under load who cares?

In this case the saw is turning about a steady 10k through the cut.

Looking at the audio spectrum plot it appears to be turning about 15k no load WOT, but the blips are too short to be very accurate. But who cares? WOT rpm on a modified saw is meaningless - it tells you nothing about the tuning or performance under load, or of much of anything else. About all you can learn is if it has a limited coil, but there again, if it's limited above the rpm under load who cares?

In this case the saw is turning about a steady 10k through the cut.
Don't hear a steady cut. My ears must be bad.

Thanks Chris, it keeps me out of the bars and whore-houses. And good idea with RPM throughout the cut, I'll see if I can rig something up. I have an idea for a cheap Dyno too.

Im still just trying to get my head around how hes allegedly getting 15k rpms on a saw thats limited to 13.8 from the factory. Unless he was able to make a coil from another saw work (which is possible of course), i just dont see how its possible. Rpms on a limited coil saw will jump around a little up past the limit, but ive just not seen them go more than 1k rpms past the limiter...

Latest posts

Back