Dolmar 7900 complaints.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
musch

musch

Chainsaw Zombie
They are most definately NOT ugly. Did you ever notice the resemblance here?

0585-h_r_giger_museo_alien.jpg

source.jpg

chowdozer

chowdozer

Addicted to ArboristSite
I don't own a 7900 so I can't comment on the saw specifically.

1. Dealer support and dealer knowledge.
2. Dolmar's commitment to the chainsaw market.

If I were a betting man and you asked me which saw manufacturer would be around in 10 years, I would put all my money on Stihl. Saws, trimmers and blowers is all they make.

I don't know if Dolmar will be around in 10 years. As I understand, Dolmar is owned by Makita. I would imagine that Dolmar's sales are a drop in the bucket for Makita's bottom line. Since Makita is not really into OPE, I don't see how Dolmar fits in unless there will be a Dolmar line of OPE in the future. The future of Dolmar is all going to depend on the quality of dealers Dolmar selects, whether Dolmar is losing money and how patient Makita will be if Dolmar is losing money. If Dolmar is making money, they have bought time while they sort out their dealer network. This is a lesson in "time will tell". Let's hope for the best because competition breeds innovation and performance which is what most of us are looking for.

Latest posts