Dolmar 7900, Solo 681, Stihl MS441 - 7 pin /8 pin rim.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That big walnut log the westspartan was talking about needing the 32" bar for would make a pretty good comparison. My 7900 goes through mix pretty quick also. It uses almost as much as the 390 does.

mdavlee;2003464[B said:
]That big walnut log the westspartan was talking about needing the 32" bar for would make a pretty good comparison.[/B] My 7900 goes through mix pretty quick also. It uses almost as much as the 390 does.

;) That's what I'm think'n

I wish it would quit snowing long enough for me to find some big wood to play with. I'm trying to find something around 30" or so in oak or walnut to do a couple more videos and some chain comparisons.

I've got one setting here I want to test against some round in 20", 28", and a 32". I have touched up all but the 32" so far. The oregon square is really dull out of the box. I even have a 9 pin to play with.

I would like to make it to one of the GTGs. I might try to go to smilin possum's this spring. I would like to come to Ohio even if it was just a mini gtg. When are you OH boys going to have another one?

Not sure about the next big gtg, but we've had a few mini gtg's at Nik's house and a couple at mine. I'd like to host a few more this spring/summer.

Cool. I am down that way a fair amount as my folks live in Covington, KY. I'll have to start traveling with the saws all the time! I'll let you guys know when I'm coming down next and maybe Jason can come along.

That area is about 5 hours for me to get to. That wouldn't be too bad with a little notice.

I can make Cincinnati most anytime. I really want to run my 441 against spartans, as well as the 7900 and 681 I keep hearing about.

Hey Beast, can you round up a 20-24" log?

Maybe one day this summer there'll be a GTG halfway between us. ;)
:cheers:

The guys I talked to at bills winter gtg stated there was a huge spring gtg planned in nw pa close to ohio and ny in april sometime. :cheers:

I can make Cincinnati most anytime. I really want to run my 441 against spartans, as well as the 7900 and 681 I keep hearing about.

Hey Beast, can you round up a 20-24" log?

Just to throw in a disclaimer....

The 7900 I bought brand new in August of '09, and it was ported by Tree Sling'r (Jasha) at Christmas time. The 681 was purchased brand new by Brad Snelling in late fall of '09 and ported twice by him (he also gave it an unlimited coil). I loved his 681 - we made arrangements for me to buy it from him.

The saws are impressive, no doubt about it. But I just wanna make sure that credit is given where credit is due. All I do is use them - Brad and Jasha are the minds behind the mask. :)

:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back