Dolmar 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

441_Stihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
hello I am thinking of trading for a 7900.I am just curious as to you all that have a 7900.How the cut and run,and how well they hold up and if any problems

They're well engineered, run and cut great and the power to weight ratio is very impressive.

Initial indications are that they hold up well but they're still "oddballs". It'll be a long time before they're reputation has the track record of classics like 044's 046's, 066's and 372XP's. There are simply not enough of them out there in the hands of professional loggers and that's the true test of how saws hold up.

mine is in perfect condition no even a scratch like i say ih well will somewhere around a 250 difference i may own a 7900

It is an 80cc saw with a strong following here, but it is not a 660.

If you are getting a saw because you want it and not because you need it, you will not be satisfied until you get what you want.

It out cuts 70cc saws and has goofy dogs.

Good luck.

It is an 80cc saw with a strong following here, but it is not a 660.

If you are getting a saw because you want it and not because you need it, you will not be satisfied until you get what you want.

It out cuts 70cc saws and has goofy dogs.

Good luck.

Like I said earlier, he wont be happy until he has that ported 880.

Back