Dolmar 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, you need to get an Echo. :cheers:

I would have this Echo:

attachment.php

After reading some of your past post. I think if you get the Dolmar shortly after that you will be wanting a bigger saw. So why not save yourself a step and just go to a 90cc's saw now?
I have a Stihl 066 and a Husky 395xp as well as the 7900. No way in hell I would take a 7900 over the 395 or 064. The Dolmars a great saw, but it's not got the power over the other two for sure.
My 7900 is 22.5 pounds with a 28 bar. My 395xp is only 3 pounds more with same size bar. My 395xp is ported with muffer mod and a few other things. It will flat out scream.
It maybe be me but if you can't carry a 25.5 pounds saw (395) around than you have no business carring a 22.5 pound saw (7900) around.

After reading some of your past post. I think if you get the Dolmar shortly after that you will be wanting a bigger saw. So why not save yourself a step and just go to a 90cc's saw now?
I have a Stihl 066 and a Husky 395xp as well as the 7900. No way in hell I would take a 7900 over the 395 or 064. The Dolmars a great saw, but it's not got the power over the other two for sure.
My 7900 is 22.5 pounds with a 28 bar. My 395xp is only 3 pounds more with same size bar. My 395xp is ported with muffer mod and a few other things. It will flat out scream.
It maybe be me but if you can't carry a 25.5 pounds saw (395) around than you have no business carring a 22.5 pound saw (7900) around.

For most people 3 pounds does make a huge differance by the end of a day........ Besides I would rather run the PS9010 over the 394/395 if I need a 90cc class saw...

Scott

C'mon guys, you KNOW he's gonna be trading up to a bike saw.

We should start building up an aluminum V8 this weekend. It's gonna go there anyway.

Better get some beer.

hello I am thinking of trading for a 7900.I am just curious as to you all that have a 7900.How the cut and run,and how well they hold up and if any problems

Stan,
What part of NC are you in?
Walker Saw on Hwy 16 between Hickory and Taylorsville quoted a Dolmar 7900 with 20" bar for $695.00 + tax. They said a 24" bar would be $10.00 more.

Better get some beer..

Ok, you've got my attn. I'll support Stan, that is, if there is beer involved. Where we meeting up?

Seriously Stan, I would think you wont be happy until you get a 90cc saw, hell by the sounds of it, you prolly wouldn't even be satisfied with that. Just save a little cash up, try to keep the 441, and grab a 660. My dealer has layaway (thats how I got my 660), maybe your dealer can be flexible with you as well. Anyways, best of luck with your upgrade, hopefully it comes sooner than later for our sake.

BTW, I dont regret skipping the 460 to get the 660. I believe the 7900 fits right in the middle with a great price tag, tough call on what to get.

For most people 3 pounds does make a huge differance by the end of a day........ Besides I would rather run the PS9010 over the 394/395 if I need a 90cc class saw...

Scott

I love my 7900s and my 395, but I can tell you that unless I need the extra power (which it has) I find the 395 ALOT heavier to pack around and to cut with. Same thing all over again with my 3120 and 880 which are pigs to carry around for long.

I think Stan is not in a space to be satsified, and will always be chasing a ghost instead of just cutting wood. No offense, but I think it's an attention span thing...

Last edited:
and just for some of you I did a search on this and read a couple of nights

Latest posts

Back