dolmar chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
billy56

billy56

ArboristSite Lurker
I have an old dolmar chainsaw pre chainbreak (can,t remember model off hand) but it,s big are spares avaiable for them, the diaphram is fecked but if you can get it going it work,s well but a bugger to re-start once warm or do i buy a new one! Billy
ps i,m in northern ireland

billy56

billy56

ArboristSite Lurker
dolmar 144

Got it out today it,s a 144 and for some reason it started real easy and kept starting every time, But i dont feel safe with it.
I think its time to buy new but prices over here are steep:angry:

Freakingstang

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
Good saw. I have the same one, but it is green. (poulan 5500 made by sachs dolmar as the 144 model)

Carb kit should still be available for it.

BTW, they are 90cc.

Should you deceide to sell it, keep me in mind! lol. Freight to the US would be expensive, but I have been looking for one for spare parts... Parts are hard to comeby for the green version.

Chainsaw Master

Chainsaw Master

ArboristSite Operative
Freakingstang said:
Good saw. I have the same one, but it is green. (poulan 5500 made by sachs dolmar as the 144 model)

Carb kit should still be available for it.

BTW, they are 90cc.

Should you deceide to sell it, keep me in mind! lol. Freight to the US would be expensive, but I have been looking for one for spare parts... Parts are hard to comeby for the green version.

Freak
I have a basket case 133 rite here in the good ole US of A
...if parts cross...letme know

Freakingstang

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
Chainsaw Master said:
Freak
I have a basket case 133 rite here in the good ole US of A
...if parts cross...letme know

I appreciate the offer, but as of right now I am lead to believe the 144 and 153 are the same family. The 133 is differant, but I will do some checking and get back with you. Thanks.

ericjeeper

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hard to believe prices are steep in Ireland

Heck they are practically giving saws away over hereon the USA.. LOL
Things are expensive. But there are times when bucking up and biting the bullet are called for.If you heat with wood, now is the time to go for a new safer saw,and one you can count on.
I am contemplating that 5100S. Unless my buddy gets one bought soon.

billy56

billy56

ArboristSite Lurker
one saw for example have seen it on here cheap, a husky 455 rancher over here retails for £465.00 and if you shop around you can get it over here for about £415.00, work that into dollars to see what a rip off it is here. Billy