Dolmar dealership for sale in NY on Ebay...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dolmar dealership for sale

Thats not to far away from me. Great view of the Ontario County Dump just across the street from that shop! Never looks open when I have passed by.
Buyer beware....

Well, this one is interesting, and turned up on a Dolmar search on Ebay today. At first I thought it was a rip-off price, but it includes the land, inventory and buildings...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ferris-Snapper-...ryZ15825QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you read the add carefully, I believe the "inventory" is only in reference to the fact that the computer system tracks inventory and customer lists, not that there is a huge inventory of new saws sitting in boxes in a storeroom. Obviously that would be part of any due diligence investigation.

Well being a "Dolmar" dealer, that is worth at least 1/4 million alone.
He has a good feedback rating.....................

I wouldn't go any higher than $500,000 though.

Literally in the middle of nowhere and across the street from the county dump.
He's about 10 miles from the closest two towns. And never appears to be open.
And if he does 400,000$ a year where he's located I'll marry my 044. His building and land is worth 75,000$ his inventory which sits outside can't be an awful amount either. Nothing against him but I know his business and location and his numbers as listed are way off.

I was going to buy it but he only has one dealership for sale. I wanted to start out with 2, preferably in adjacent buildings so I wouldn't have to walk as far to get from one place to the other. Then later maybe open another around the block. Close enough for a 20 minute walk, but far enough that my employees didn't feel like they were under my thumb. Maybe have a chainsaw engine powered skateboard to shorten the commute if I have to keep closer tabs on them. Of course I'd live in the attic of one of them.

Ian

Last edited:
Sam Adams Boston Lager, available at your local retailer of alcoholic beverages. Fortunately, the little grey men in the saucer that picked me up a for a year or three installed a little device in the base of my neck that converts alcohol to THC and then back again so it doesn't show up in those pesky tests.

Ian

Last edited:
small engine shop customer lists have no value..

whatcha gonna call up...

say ... bring yer chainsaw in fer a tune up .. or else ..??

never seen the place open ..

wait till they close, offer to buy some dolmar inventory ..

Bingo ..

yer the new dealer ...:cheers:

small engine shop customer lists have no value..

whatcha gonna call up...

say ... bring yer chainsaw in fer a tune up .. or else ..??

never seen the place open ..

wait till they close, offer to buy some dolmar inventory ..

Bingo ..

yer the new dealer ...:cheers:

Well if they are commercial accts with much business they do!

Well being a "Dolmar" dealer, that is worth at least 1/4 million alone.
He has a good feedback rating.....................

I wouldn't go any higher than $500,000 though.

Are you kidding? the rep for the local dist in ohio which is one of like 4 in the country is trying to get anyone with a hardware store to sell dolmar. Not that the company is bad just trying to hooror themselves out to sell power equipment. If they market right fine, but right now all you need to sell a dolmar is a vendors license!

Are you kidding? the rep for the local dist in ohio which is one of like 4 in the country is trying to get anyone with a hardware store to sell dolmar. Not that the company is bad just trying to hooror themselves out to sell power equipment. If they market right fine, but right now all you need to sell a dolmar is a vendors license!

That's pretty much Efco's approach too.. the "rep" called on us last week, and every other store in town that looked like it had a lawnmower or rusted car parked outside... we didn't have a mower, but my POS truck qualified us.:greenchainsaw:

decisions... stihl, dolmar, efco, echo... Oh.. and Husky... ;)

Last edited:
Ha! I emailed the PNW Dolmar distributor and asked them about selling them here. They were pretty snooty. They wanted a) a prime location on a busy Highway b) a shop ~and~ someone skilled to do work on saws, c) to buy a fair amount of inventory, d) do the rah-rah sales pitch seminar crap that I absolutely hate.

Why bother with that? I could buy a local Stihl shop near here, and take his Stihl and Husky accounts and dealership. He has a shop and a location right on a busy highway. I would *maybe* add Dolmar, if they were not dolts about me selling them.

But in ~this~ economy??? Nope.

He wants out for the following, until Briggs bought Ferris they never charged interest on equipment. Now that Briggs owns them all the Ferris dealers are having to pay interest on floor plan equipment. It sure hurts business paying 1.5% a month interest on a 10,000$ zero turn.

Ha! I emailed the PNW Dolmar distributor and asked them about selling them here. They were pretty snooty. They wanted a) a prime location on a busy Highway b) a shop ~and~ someone skilled to do work on saws, c) to buy a fair amount of inventory, d) do the rah-rah sales pitch seminar crap that I absolutely hate.

Why bother with that? I could buy a local Stihl shop near here, and take his Stihl and Husky accounts and dealership. He has a shop and a location right on a busy highway. I would *maybe* add Dolmar, if they were not dolts about me selling them.

But in ~this~ economy??? Nope.

Stihl dealerships are only "tranferable" if Stihl agrees.. but the bar is pretty low if you have some assets they can claim, decent credit rating, and keep some of the existing staff..

He wants out for the following, until Briggs bought Ferris they never charged interest on equipment. Now that Briggs owns them all the Ferris dealers are having to pay interest on floor plan equipment. It sure hurts business paying 1.5% a month interest on a 10,000$ zero turn.

ZERO TURN lololol... that would be a killer..

yep 150$ a month on a 10,000$ it's real sweet since most dealers are making 1,000$ profit to begin with. You lose 2% if they put it on a credit card, and another 4% if they finance it.

Latest posts

Back