Dolmar gone and Makita stopping saw production?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know some people say they don’t oil enough, I run a 28” bar on mine it seems to oil fine from what I can tell. I believe there’s a oiler rebuild kit that comes with a “high output” option. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for the other issues you’ve listed.

I know some people say they don’t oil enough, I run a 28” bar on mine it seems to oil fine from what I can tell. I believe there’s a oiler rebuild kit that comes with a “high output” option. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for the other issues you’ve listed.
Mine oiled ok when the oiler worked properly. It often didn't. The crush fit of the hose to case was too light and it would often leak out nearly all the oiler output into the case never making it to the bar. Replacing the hose fixed it temporarily, but it would always have the same thing happen again sooner or latter, but especially during the Winter.
Saws like the 7900 have a really unknown reliability record because so few were ever sold and they had nearly zero use in the logging market which really tests saws durability.
Personally I can't think of a single reason anyone would buy a Dolmar/Makita now. And even back then there was no sane reason to.

Latest posts

Back