• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Dolmar PS-5100S - New Piston- RUNS AWESOME- MUST SELL!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rynosawr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello Gang!

I have a very nice little Dolmar PS-5100S that was a previous homeowner's saw. I don't know if it was just a hair lean or if they were pushing it hard on 50:1 mix, but it had a very slightly scored piston with a very small amount of transfer on the cylinder. I cleaned up the cylinder easily and it turned out very nice and still has all the plating on it with some very tiny trace scratches that can't be felt with a sharp pic. I had to work hard to get the camera to even show the trace scratches... This saw has great compression and the ring sealed up great. I haven't done a compression test but I can tell you it has a real hit to it.

I was going to use the old piston after cleaning it up a bit, but I know better so I bought and installed a new piston and ring.

Carb was rebuilt with factory kit
Carb is the compensating model for air filter blockage/etc.
New Piston and base gasket
Fully detail cleaned the entire saw
Replaced the fuel tank/handle assembly with a 5105 model tank because the original was cracked
New Fuel line
Replaced missing chain brake parts

This saw is PEPPY!!! I tried a Dolmar 510 and this one has much more zip!

Been running it in on 30:1 H1R Bel Ray and 91 octane ethanol free gas.

It has a 14 inch bar and a good chain on it.

I am honestly just trying to get close to break-even cost on it. It was a snowball project that I wanted to try and I was told it had a good piston and cylinder when I bought it.....

Well, I must say that I really do admire the simple, yet functional design of the Dolmar saws. They are relatively easy to work on and make a lot of power for their weight.

Asking $325+ shipping at cost....

I would like to confirm it, but I thought only the 5105's had the limiters

Early 5105,s with non easy start recoils were limited @14,500 still and the later 5105,s with the easy start recoils were backed off to 13,800.

Ok, but this is a 5100 in question. Does it have a limiter?

Yeah, I already fixed it Capitaine!!!

I was chasing my 2 year old "helper" around the shop and I got distracted...

Bump it up, really need to sell....

$280 + Shipping at cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back