Dolmar Saw questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New owner of a HDex_rental 6401, and that thing is built like a tank, nice mag, fit and finish top notch. Does not look like it minded the rental job whatsoever.
Going to make a fine 79 some day.:chainsaw:

just like this one did:

timnewsaw01.jpg

Last edited:
ELITER, I dont know if you could handle the power this one has ( I remember the first time I ran it with a 28" I about **** myself how it was like cutting butter). But you might check out the link below if interested.

I have both stock grey hoods also (carb cover grey one is opened up and has been cracked before) also have stock pull start handle and a flocked air filter and a mesh filter.

With the new updated 07 carb cover on it with pre-filter, it stays cleaner in the filter area then my huskys 357-375 and stihls 066-084.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=807094&postcount=73

Great vid dude. I was gonna get a log tomorrow and get the both of'em runnin' on about a 20 or so inch hardwood so he can see what the difference is..... That's a super nice saw ya got there. That thing stock??:confused:

REALLY show me where........... lets say PS7900 vs 37271 jonvarna

Scott

I was referring to the clutch covers of the 5100 etc, I don't really know about the 7900 etc, but assumed it was plastic on those as well.......:)

Anyway, I was just stirring the pot, really.....:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
For original poster

Buy a 7900, if you feel it has to much power, I have a very slightly used 64cc jug and piston I will sell you.. Cause I will never revert back to it..

Lot of nibbles and talkers in pm's, phone calls, emails, etc. , but cash talks you know. The 6401/7901 is still in my hands and the pipe saw is still where I can see it :( .

PM sent please cantact me back with cost.
Thanks!

PM sent please cantact me back with cost.
Thanks!

At least if I sent the saw that far away, I dont have to worry about racing against it at gtg's and fairs. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

My 7900 is SOLD , so no more pm's guys. Thanks for all the intrest.

I do know where there is 084's woods ported, 066's woods ported, 346 45cc ones woods ported and others. I am just a middle man on this info though.

The Blue Dolmar is in shippers hands now and should be at its new owners place Friday.
Pretty nice package for someone that has never ran woods ported saws.
I sent saw with both dawgs put back on, both black updated 07 carb cover with mesh filter installed, 20" B+C full chisel. Grey cover set and flock filter. 7T and 8T rim sprockets. stock dolmar starter handle put back on and owners manual.
Somebody is going to have fun. Enjoy.:cheers:

$39 to ship box. :jawdrop:

Latest posts

Back