Dolmars going 100cc+ again!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who cares about the epa stuff, you just have to find a way around it. :) All the manufacturers are in the same boat there, so I don't see how that's just Dolmars problem.

Well Niko probably has his reasons for hating anything made in Germany.

I say go Dolmar, personally "over engineered" is a good thing in my book.

How old are the 3120/880 designs?

Competition is a good thing. Without it, we would just have to settle on what the big two feel fit to offer eh?

How about the stickers on the handle???????????????????????

I would expect some shenanigans from other members NOT 166.

I rekon he's been selling them for a long time!

Unless this 100cc saw has the weight of a 70-80cc saw, I don't see how a saw in this size range will keep Dolmar relevant. They are severely lacking in saws from the 55-75cc range. Sure, there is a 6400 and a new 6100 and the 7300, but they have not been stellar saws when you compare them to the Husky and Stihl offerings.

I am betting that the 3120 and 880 designs are so old because there is no market for a large saw anymore and Husky and Stihl wouldn't recoup the investment.

Unless this 100cc saw has the weight of a 70-80cc saw, I don't see how a saw in this size range will keep Dolmar relevant. They are severely lacking in saws from the 55-75cc range. Sure, there is a 6400 and a new 6100 and the 7300, but they have not been stellar saws when you compare them to the Husky and Stihl offerings.

I am betting that the 3120 and 880 designs are so old because there is no market for a large saw anymore and Husky and Stihl wouldn't recoup the investment.

Right,

the investment would be huge, but the competition will be welcome.

As far as competition,

why do you think there are so many new saws from Stihl and Husqvarna that need to be modded?

They (Dolmar) are still hanging in there. Do you wish they would go away?

Right,

the investment would be huge, but the competition will be welcome.

As far as competition,

why do you think there are so many new saws from Stihl and Husqvarna that need to be modded?

They (Dolmar) are still hanging in there. Do you wish they would go away?

No, I wish they would get their #### together and come out with some competitive saws and develop a dealer network. Dolmar never really had a saw to compete with the 357/359 and 361, now they are even farther behind with the 562 and 362. Not to mention all the 55cc saws (455, 290, etc.). I get that the 7900 is a great saw, but they can't be purchased if there is no dealer. Husqvarna and Stihl both have added new saws in the 70cc range in the last couple of years, but nothing from Dolmar. I think it is foolish for Dolmar to enter the 100cc market unless it is truly revolutionary (weight of 70-80cc saw) when they are lacking in just about every other class.

A 100 cc dolmar with that dolmar torque would be a nice addition to the 390, 395, 660 choices that we have now.

Don't buy their stock eh?

They have a good network in some parts of the country, the North East comes to mind.

I wish McCulloch or Homelite, or Poulan would get their **** together and make a good saw in the USA again!

Y'all can pee om Dolmar all you want. Won't change my mind.

They have and do make good saws, remember the 116si?

so my dolmar guy came in this week and we were going through the new models and all that jazz. so i asked about the 9010 and he said when they run out they run out and they won't be getting anymore in. i asked him why and he said for 2014 dolmar is going to 100cc's min maybe a 115cc max(possibly two models). and it should weigh around the same as the 9010. so my question is has anyone else heard this? anybody a dolmar rep and hear this first hand? he said he would let me know when they get them in and if so i'm gonna get me one of these bad boys as soon as they come out:msp_w00t:
I want one!

I don't really see any reason to hope for a new Dolmar, and don't really see any reason that they will put out a new 6 cube one?
If they did, I'm sure it would be totally riddled with EPA induced "features", and not what any regular poster on here would want.
Hater!

I would like to say for those that are hating on the dollys... Yes they are a little behind and yes their dealer support sucks but lets put ourselves in Dolmars shoes for a min. THey are a relatively smaller company when compared to stihl and dolmar... If they wanted to build dealer support and revamp their entire saw line they would have to put huge sums of money forward and if their new saws went bust and didn't sell they would have some big loans to pay back with no revenue to do so. I do think they need to get a good top handle back in the line up before the 100cc+ saw. It's the only reason I can't get tree companies to switch to dolmar!

Honestly I like the fact that they are small and trying to stay alive. It keeps their innovation moving forward and their saw prices down. I like having the dolmars since nobody else has them around here! THey are easy to work on and pretty solid performers; maybe not the top of every class but they perform and are reliable. As for the EPA junk... EVERYONE has EPA junk on their saws! Personally I hope they do have EPA junk on them... IT will make them cheaper b/c nobody will want them; then we can buy them cheap and reverse engineer the EPA limitations!

As for the 100cc+ saw coming... there was conjecture about the new 7901 and why they hardened the bottom rotating assembly when the 7900's never really had any crank or bearing problems. It was conjectured by some that Dolmar may have been "over-engineering" in order to dump a bigger top end on the 7901 chassis. Maybe they are making a move to 90cc 7901, and then revamping the 9010 to 100cc's+?? something to think about...

Don't buy their stock eh?

They have a good network in some parts of the country, the North East comes to mind.

I wish McCulloch or Homelite, or Poulan would get their **** together and make a good saw in the USA again!

Y'all can pee om Dolmar all you want. Won't change my mind.

They have and do make good saws, remember the 116si?

I never said they don't make a good saw! What they make is quality stuff but it is no longer competitive with the newer models. Remember the 262xp? Well Husky followed up with the 357xp (not as good, but newer) and then the 562. Dolmar can't survive as a company if they are living off of the 116si that is no longer available. I really hope this new saw is stellar and a game changer, but Dolmar needs to follow up and revamp their lineup. Not to mention building the dealer network.

PS. I am in the North East and the network is not that great/existent.

Last edited:
I never said they don't make a good saw! What they make is quality stuff but it is no longer competitive with the newer models. Remember the 262xp? Well Husky followed up with the 357xp (not as good, but newer) and then the 562. Dolmar can't survive as a company if they are living off of the 116si that is no longer available. I really hope this new saw is stellar and a game changer, but Dolmar needs to follow up and revamp their lineup. Not to mention building the dealer network.

PS. I am in the North East and the network is not that great/existent.

What do you want?

Just one or two players in the market?

Be like wally world, they ran over all the small guys, now where else can you go?

I checked your profile, said you belonged to the "no panties in a bunch" group.

Ya Ya but you can look at my profile, it says "grouchy old fart".

attachment.php

What do you want?

Just one or two players in the market?

Be like wally world, they ran over all the small guys, now where else can you go?

I checked your profile, said you belonged to the "no panties in a bunch" group.

Ya Ya but you can look at my profile, it says "grouchy old fart".

I didn't have to look at your profile to figure that one out.

You are having a one sided argument here. Everything I have posted in this thread has said that I want MORE players in the market. How thick is your skull?

Now now,(remember your panties)

OK guess what they say about finding a good dealer is true.

I bought my first "real" saw 6.5 years back.

The only thing ever done to it was snipped the limiters off.

It runs better than new.

Let me tell you about my dealer. He's a young Amish fellow does Dolmar and Briggs Stratton on the side.

His Dad and brothers run a metal fab shop, a good one with iron workers, and everything (gas powered)

His little brother can weld better with 2 car alternators hooked to a gas engine, then a bunch of people with the best equipment.

The Kid has done better than good for me, looking forward to buying a new 100+cc from him.

Really like your shelf brackets (and the saws on display).
Tell us about the shelf brackets please.

Just a deadfall White Oak that sat in the woods for 6 years.

I milled it with a piece of **** 6 cube Sachs Dolmar.
attachment.php

Back