Dolmars going 100cc+ again!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a deadfall White Oak that sat in the woods for 6 years.
I milled it with a piece of **** 6 cube Sachs Dolmar.

BRACKETS! not the shelves... the brackets don't look like a typical home depot solution...

Oh no,

It pays to know your scrap man, They get saws in too.

Got that 40' extension ladder there (two 20'), I gladly pay him 5-10 times scrap price for the "good junk"

Oh no,

It pays to know your scrap man, They get saws in too.

Got that 40' extension ladder there (two 20'), I gladly pay him 5-10 times scrap price for the "good junk"

I think he means the honeycomb aluminum shelf brackets.

Don't buy their stock eh?

They have a good network in some parts of the country, the North East comes to mind.

I wish McCulloch or Homelite, or Poulan would get their **** together and make a good saw in the USA again!

Y'all can pee om Dolmar all you want. Won't change my mind.

They have and do make good saws, remember the 116si?

or the 120si- i love mine.

Now now,(remember your panties)

OK guess what they say about finding a good dealer is true.

I bought my first "real" saw 6.5 years back.

The only thing ever done to it was snipped the limiters off.

It runs better than new.

Let me tell you about my dealer. He's a young Amish fellow does Dolmar and Briggs Stratton on the side.

His Dad and brothers run a metal fab shop, a good one with iron workers, and everything (gas powered)

His little brother can weld better with 2 car alternators hooked to a gas engine, then a bunch of people with the best equipment.

The Kid has done better than good for me, looking forward to buying a new 100+cc from him.

My panties aren't in a bunch. I thought I was talking with an adult, but now realize that I have more meaningful conversations with my dog. Carry on. :)

Well Niko probably has his reasons for hating anything made in Germany.

I say go Dolmar, personally "over engineered" is a good thing in my book.

How old are the 3120/880 designs?

Competition is a good thing. Without it, we would just have to settle on what the big two feel fit to offer eh?

I don't hate anything made in Germany, it is just that PB is totally right about he wrote about Dolmar here - they simply aren't much of a factor in the market. Nothing really significant has happened in the more that 10 years since the 7900 came out, and there precense is very spotty, at best.....

I don't hate anything made in Germany, it is just that PB is totally right about he wrote about Dolmar here - they simply aren't much of a factor in the market. Nothing really significant has happened in the more that 10 years since the 7900 came out, and there precense is very spotty, at best.....

Hi!

Like I said,

Screw their business model,

They make some damn fine saws.

And there are good dealers.

Ok so they don't have all the bases covered.

But as a whole they sell many more good saws than bad.

Can't say that about Stihl and Husqvarna?

Guess until you have ran as many as myself, you just won't get it.

Id be interested in this new saw. As far as having a good dealer, I suspect it's only a mouse click away in todays computer world. I have several Husky dealers here locally- one shop that only caters to 2 cycle tools, but I would rather use the sponsers here for any saw purchases. Dont we have a good Dolmar dealer here on this site that is somewhere up in NY? If this saw does exist and pans out- he can have my money.:rock:

Id be interested in this new saw. As far as having a good dealer, I suspect it's only a mouse click away in todays computer world. I have several Husky dealers here locally- one shop that only caters to 2 cycle tools, but I would rather use the sponsers here for any saw purchases. Dont we have a good Dolmar dealer here on this site that is somewhere up in NY? If this saw does exist and pans out- he can have my money.:rock:

166 is a dealer/sponsor and so is Edge & Engine.

Yeah boy,

you mention a new Dolmar and the haters come out like white on rice.

Husqvarna didn't do so hot with the 562 eh?

The rep that stops in our shop that also carries several lines, including Dolmar, told us the only thing they had coming out in the near future was down in the 40cc range, maybe he was not telling the whole story but was making a pitch for us to add the line. I think they are fine saws, personally I'd rather carry the Dolmar line of saws than Echo, but we have too many customers who like the Echo line of string trimmers to drop the line, he also mentioned their biggest struggle is the same as everyone else, meeting EPA regs.

My son in law works for 80/20.they make good stuff
Also we are Dolmar users and Fans

There are GREAT Dolmar dealers on this continent! At LEAST Two, maybe Four.

A lot of mediocre dealers that aren't really doing any thing for the brand.

And a bunch of crap dealers that deserve the butt-kicking they're getting.

Dolmar should go wide-open on internet sales. Discount saws, low cost two-day shipping on parts, online IPL's, the Whole Enchilada, all in on the internet. It will work for some small builder, someday.

I would like to see a 52cc saw on the 420 chassis. And a 62cc saw on the 5100 chassis. Wouldn't that be neat? I think Either could be made to work.

They don't have anything for the EPA Right Now, however, other than sealed carbs and cat muffs.

I like Dolmar, and embrace Diversity, and My ignorant ramblings on this subject are Not meant to offend.

I LOVE my ps401!

Yup 68ccs of badness, same weight.

Ever seen a 76cc 116si?

I almost posted mine for sale but when I started disassembling it to clean it- and found no real dirt, no knicks, no real use, and saw how well it was constructed..... I knew I couldnt but anything today that was built to the same quality in my opinion.
I posted pics of it in the "Mastermind meets the Dolmar 120si" thread after I got it cleaned up. And Jacob J had this insight for me ''The 120 as a stock saw is a good runner, but yours is that much better after having had Randy go through it. 562s will be around for a long time and you can get one of those later, but a 120 like that is very hard to come by.'' I am so glad I didnt get rid of it.

Never seen a 76cc 116si, but you have my curiosity peaked.:rock:

so i started this thread to share some info on what i was told from dolmar...if you don't like dolmar don't post in this thread, simple as that. no bickering or banter about husky or stihl theres a best 50cc saw thread somewhere for that. i want to know more about this supposed 100cc+ dolmar saw or saws...if anyone can help that would be great.

Latest posts

Back