domestic hot water

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brown2501

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Any info on trying to heat domestic hot water or help heat with a wood stove (not furnace or owb ) . Anyone try this

Any info on trying to heat domestic hot water or help heat with a wood stove (not furnace or owb ) . Anyone try this

There is alot of information here in the threads. The question you ask has alot to do with your set up is type of stove location and what you want to spend. You can install a heat exchanger to heat the water. I have my domestic water go to the heat ex and then to the water heater.

Do you like expresso?

My setup uses a really old wood stove
View attachment 273518

Fire the stove a little too much and steam is the result. I am learnin' how to handle this. Didn't seem like that big of a firebox, and the cast iron heat water jacket don't look that big... It gurgles, and burps, and bangs. Learned the temperature where shark bites fail (220F, and 60 psi) it makes hot water! a plenty!! My setup is a thermosiphon, nice and simple. You could do a similar setup using one of those stainless coils in your wood stove.

Latest posts

Back