Don't hate the Wraptor....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hahahaha - aaaaaaaaaw u guys getting all emotional about your little toy now? hehehe. good for you guys, the more you use that thing, the slower you'll be when it quits working. I love the "I've been doing this longer than you've been alive" -- I'll bet neither of you two has ever placed in the top half of any climbing event -- and you never will if you keep using your training wheels like the wraptor.

when I'm old and wrinkled and fat and lazy - maybe I'll need one too hahahahahahaha. how bout if we get you guys a powerchair or a little rascal scooter to get you to that tree. I'll send the vet a super pack of geritol and for respirator for nails.

Had one for almost 2 years.

6' 184 lbs, can press my weight 10 times, curl 105 10 times and run 6 miles in less than 45 mins., at 62.

Been footlocking since I was a kid but no need to anymore......dipschit.

Whatever system I use I have done more tree work than your momma has hairs on her as s.

Quit making lame assumptions in braindead posts such as your numbnuts comparison to that stupid grcs to the Wraptor.

You sound like a poser. Are you?

you probably haven't got a hair left on yours if your riding your power chair little rascal scooter training wheels wraptor up the tree ol man. haha

Its funny you feel the need to pronounce your amazing feats of physical mediocrity in your self-validating defensive rant.

you sound old and bitter -- are you? hahaha

don't worry, you may be old and wrinkled but you're taking us young kids with ya right? hahahaha

hahahaha - aaaaaaaaaw u guys getting all emotional about your little toy now? hehehe. good for you guys, the more you use that thing, the slower you'll be when it quits working. I love the "I've been doing this longer than you've been alive" -- I'll bet neither of you two has ever placed in the top half of any climbing event -- and you never will if you keep using your training wheels like the wraptor.

when I'm old and wrinkled and fat and lazy - maybe I'll need one too hahahahahahaha. how bout if we get you guys a powerchair or a little rascal scooter to get you to that tree. I'll send the vet a super pack of geritol and for respirator for nails.

no climbing contests for me since mid 70's which I did real good at....too busy out making tons of cold cash.

don't need any geritol to kick your lightweight ass. The best you can brag is "in the top half"....pathetic greenboy. :laugh:

are you actually employed by anyone or do you just fumble around with "your system" all day?

Got a guy here who has placed 1st or 2nd in several climbing competitions, he used that as a bonus when I hired him remember the hippie?, to bad he spent most of his time practicing for the contest, cuase he really SUCKED at tree work. He was the one who pruned deadwood off of deadwood, but boy he sure could get up the tree fast.

VA called!!!! I may be gettin one! But it may be in 10 or so years at their rate! Cant wait that long, going to get a double pulley and put it on the mower deck of my greiner 2000, Then I can run a rope in it and use it as a Wraptor when we engage the blades.:laugh:

That's really lame that that guy sued him, that's like suing Stihl if you cut your own arm off.

no climbing contests for me since mid 70's which I did real good at....too busy out making tons of cold cash.

don't need any geritol to kick your lightweight ass. The best you can brag is "in the top half"....pathetic greenboy. :laugh:

are you actually employed by anyone or do you just fumble around with "your system" all day?

I always laugh at the guys who are "too busy making money" to show up at the climbing events; if you were really making that much money you'd have the time to at least make an appearance, take one day off with your guys to learn a few things, and show support for your local event planners - maybe your customers would appreciate seeing you there; our local climbing event always makes the news and generates interest in our industry.

I dont think you could kick your own ass if you still have both legs and your ass.

I didnt limit myself to being in the top half by saying I believed you were in the bottom half. pay attention hahahaha

So I heard Mattel is making a new doll - their making it in your likeness and naming it "Timbersports barbie" complete with a Wraptor hehehehehe

It's really not that difficult to get into the top of a tree if you are conditioned for this type of work. Really it's not. I said it was a cool idea and all, but unfortunately the more that you rely on that thing, the sloppier your ascents going to be when you don't use it. You say it makes you money by saving you time and energy, but its slower and relying on it will make you less conditioned for this work.

As far as you believing that all the "experienced" tree guys going and getting one, how many of those has he sold? are you saying that those are the only "experienced" tree guys? lol

At the end of the day - you spent $2,500 on a device and you're still slower (and getting slower everytime you use it) than those of us that are footlocking.

I always laugh at the guys who are "too busy making money" to show up at the climbing events; if you were really making that much money you'd have the time to at least make an appearance, take one day off with your guys to learn a few things, and show support for your local event planners - maybe your customers would appreciate seeing you there; our local climbing event always makes the news and generates interest in our industry.

I dont think you could kick your own ass if you still have both legs and your ass.

I didnt limit myself to being in the top half by saying I believed you were in the bottom half. pay attention hahahaha

So I heard Mattel is making a new doll - their making it in your likeness and naming it "Timbersports barbie" complete with a Wraptor hehehehehe

It's really not that difficult to get into the top of a tree if you are conditioned for this type of work. Really it's not. I said it was a cool idea and all, but unfortunately the more that you rely on that thing, the sloppier your ascents going to be when you don't use it. You say it makes you money by saving you time and energy, but its slower and relying on it will make you less conditioned for this work.

As far as you believing that all the "experienced" tree guys going and getting one, how many of those has he sold? are you saying that those are the only "experienced" tree guys? lol

At the end of the day - you spent $2,500 on a device and you're still slower (and getting slower everytime you use it) than those of us that are footlocking.

Isn't that a bucket truck in your avatar Vaginian? Selective indignation huh?

You aren't likely a hundredth of the climber or treeman you think you are. What is your real name. I'll look up the national results. Are you an employee? What do you make? If that is your bucket which I assume it is, link your website so I can see what all you have bought with all this perceived climbing expertise Nancy.

At the end of the day you are just another new douche that shows up here all impressed with herself and will doddle off in short order with your tail stuck up your puss.

Last edited:

I laugh at the guys that are always saying how busy they are making $, but they are here posting everyday/night. Must be their superior knowledge and equipment giving them some extra free time. HAHAHAHA

Besides, you gain more knowledge listening and through experience than talking on the web. This place has tidbits of good info floating around, you just gotta wad through the crap and chest thumping.

I laugh at the guys that are always saying how busy they are making $, but they are here posting everyday/night. Must be their superior knowledge and equipment giving them some extra free time. HAHAHAHA

Besides, you gain more knowledge listening and through experience than talking on the web. This place has tidbits of good info floating around, you just gotta wad through the crap and chest thumping.

I can see where "chest thumping" would be perceived by a very young part time beginner that still goes to college when highly experienced tree guys are just talking shop. Popping zits and making arm pit noises is still their forte (sound familiar pickles?) not routinely discussing huge dangerous td's etc.

Go over to the "tree climber 101" forum where you belong and take Mr. Climbing Contest man with you if you don't mind.

PS....if you ever got your little pencil dich pointed in the direction of Cinci. from Mantua where ever TF that is.....give me a call and I will show you what a real tree service of the top echelon does 8 hours, every day, 6 days a week, all year, every year, for 41 years now.

I can see where "chest thumping" would be perceived by a very young part time beginner that still goes to college when highly experienced tree guys are just talking shop. Popping zits and making arm pit noises is still their forte (sound familiar pickles?) not routinely discussing huge dangerous td's etc.

Go over to the "tree climber 101" forum where you belong and take Mr. Climbing Contest man with you if you don't mind.

PS....if you ever got your little pencil dich pointed in the direction of Cinci. from Mantua where ever TF that is.....give me a call and I will show you what a real tree service of the top echelon does 8 hours, every day, 6 days a week, all year, every year, for 41 years now.

Haha, typical response. I learn a lot from ya, mostly how not to act or talk.

BTW, I'll take ya up on that offer some day when down in the queen city (maybe when I buy a duc next year I'll ride down) and will give ya an honest 8+ hours of work no problem. Same goes for you when you get your ass up to Mantua. I believe my boss is your age, but he just sells the work these days. You guys can reminiscence about manilla ropes and 090's up in the tree. He's got a full plate keeping 3 crews running and all the other ins and outs of the business, let alone taking care of his properties and family.

I think them contests should be pulling fifteen foot overhang over the three phase:) I was once much faster than today but really who cares, I'm fast enough to still satisfy myself and most employers would still be impressed and satisfied. I will take my wraptor because; I have earned it, paid my dues, gave my blood ,snot and sweat. I used to work a fulltime job and my business, still could if the right position came along. I ain't gonna work for peanuts though.

Isn't that a bucket truck in your avatar Vaginian? Selective indignation huh?

You aren't likely a hundredth of the climber or treeman you think you are. What is your real name. I'll look up the national results. Are you an employee? What do you make? If that is your bucket which I assume it is, link your website so I can see what all you have bought with all this perceived climbing expertise Nancy.

"At the end of the day you are just another new douche that shows up here all impressed with herself and will doddle off in short order with your tail stuck up your puss."

yea its a bucket truck, and if you put your pop bottle thick glasses up close enough, you'd see the ten year old little girl (my daughter, before you make any perverted remarks) in there. Way to go with the d-bag comment though doosh. It is axiomatic to discuss how a forestry truck makes a tree service money - you're an idiot lol. However, even with setup time, that truck is still faster than you ever were and especially now with your wraptor.

lol - I wasnt the one sitting here tooting my own horn like you have been, there ya 10karat blowhard. I've been in business for myself for a little while, but have been doing this for years. We specialize in crane removals and the like - and other tree services in the area sub jobs to us all the time - hey we can't get out there and bid them all ya know.

That's funny - nice to see you get all in your feelings and emotions when someone tosses in a few valid comments about a peice of gear. Ya never know but some idiot tries to make this thing work for them without knowing what they're doing and screw it up for the creator, as he even points out earlier.

You're not hurting my feelings a bit, but you certainly are showing everyone here your ass. Anyone who's really as good as you say you are, wouldn't feel the need to blow so hard on it. The old guys around here, arent still climbing -- they're sitting in their cozy little trucks and offices making money the easy way, and letting us young bucks handle production - because we are stronger, faster, safer, and better. We still learn from them and respect them, but you're obviously not in that place vet. Someone's stepped on you and made you bitter though its apparent.

and strictly because of your age -- lol, I hate to say this, but I gotta fire back at ya old timer -- I'll be here long after you're gone hahahahaha but stay safe just the same will ya

Funny how reviewing a peice of equipment turns into a pissing match when they're feelings involved lol

I love this site so far

Last edited:
The old guys around here, arent still climbing -- they're sitting in their cozy little trucks and offices making money the easy way, and letting us young bucks handle production - because we are stronger, faster, safer, and better.

#1 stronger: well maybe,maybe not there is something I like to call a work bone and you get it from years of hard physical labor.
#2 faster: not likely especially on difficult removals I found it easier to do the work myself than trying to train a youngster and I ran crews for twenty years.
#3 Safer: ok how are you going to be safer if your still chitting green?
#4 Better: not what the ladies tell me :)

BTW: them bushes yall have out there are cake and I can assure you this was last year before getting the wraptor in 105 degree heat and 69 percent humidity. A wraptor ins not necessary but I enjoy the benefits of reduced fatigue.
I have climbed in Iowa,Well actually, seven states but it always seemed more like bushes out there:)
001-4.jpg

treework2010016.jpg

004.jpg

Last edited:
#1 stronger: well maybe,maybe not there is something I like to call a work bone and you get it from years of hard physical labor.
#2 faster: not likely especially on difficult removals I found it easier to do the work myself than trying to train a youngster and I ran crews for twenty years.
#3 Safer: ok how are you going to be safer if your still chitting green?
#4 Better: not what the ladies tell me :)

BTW: them bushes yall have out there are cake and I can assure you this was last year before getting the wraptor in 105 degree heat and 69 percent humidity. A wraptor ins not necessary but I enjoy the benefits of reduced fatigue.
I have climbed in Iowa,Well actually, seven states but it always seemed more like bushes out there:)
001-4.jpg

treework2010016.jpg

004.jpg

:clap:

wow i just started reading this and thies kids are a bunch of crap and im probably younger than one or two of them. climbing competitions? thats how you justify how good you are? Been to plenty of those actually put my rope in a tree in plenty of those. Not really comparable to real world work. is it fun? yes but the hard part is actually dismantiling the tree climbing some tree in the middle of a park, (where they usually are) is just fun and challenging in its own aspect. And when people start speaking of speed that kinda makes me think you dont know what your doing. thiers an efficient pace that will keep you from getting burned out in two hours of climbing. But i always tell my guys speed is not what im after safe is what im after jobs are bid to allow enough time to work at a safe pace.

Real world work is not some tree with a bunch of bells hanging in it for you to run around and ding with your handsaw is just toying around. is fun tho they usually do find some pretty nice trees to climb.

Last edited:
yea its a bucket truck,. I've been in business for myself for a little while,

Ya "been in business for myself"....and "ya got a boss" what is it? Your name Doug Metcalfe Jr.? lol.....For the second time.......link your website. My stuff is out there for all to see on my site all earned by a 2 man crew (nobody is any faster than me on removals....anywhere, anytime)....or let's see a vid from a narcicistic **** that thinks he's so good.....I know you got one. My guess is you are second rate at best.

Funny how reviewing a peice of equipment turns into a pissing match when they're feelings involved lol

You are the only one pissing. Prob. sitting down and not coming outta a penis lol.

I love this site so far

Don't seem like anyone likin' on you too much by your rep up top :laugh:

Haha, typical response. I learn a lot from ya, mostly how not to act or talk.

BTW, I'll take ya up on that offer some day when down in the queen city (maybe when I buy a duc next year I'll ride down) and will give ya an honest 8+ hours of work no problem. Same goes for you when you get your ass up to Mantua. I believe my boss is your age, but he just sells the work these days. You guys can reminiscence about manilla ropes and 090's up in the tree. He's got a full plate keeping 3 crews running and all the other ins and outs of the business, let alone taking care of his properties and family.

Bring that Duc down here, we got some of the best sport bike roads in the country 20 mins. from my house. Might have to give ya a spankin with my new Speed Trip tho lol.

Tell that ole fart boss ya got he quit way too soon and put down that fork, go to the gym, and get back up that tree lol.

[/IMG]

Hey now! We got some biggies, no redwoods tho!
The competitions are a joke sometimes, pick the easiest tree in the park, they prune it before hand, making the canopy clear so they can see the action. Don't get me wrong, there are some bad mofo's that compete, but most of the time, these guys judge their own skill by the local competitions, then they get in the real world and do stuff like knock chimneys off a house (Iowa superstar did this last year) or drop a chunk thru a house from a crane because he didn't know how to tie it off (another Iowa climbing competition superstar, this one also broke his leg trying to ride the ball down while it had a huge lead on it) So please do not use that as a way to gauge your skill. So far, all the competitors that I know, and some have one many competitions, suck at actual tree work. Suck real bad. That is why they go to competitions all the time, it makes them feel better about themselves, and no one there knows what they are really capable off. Everyone can become someone else while they are there.
Now at the national's or international's, you will finds some guys who can do both, but that is just a handful.
To criticize any piece of equipment that is designed to make our lives easier, just because it is easier, well that's just not very smart

Hey now! We got some biggies, no redwoods tho!
The competitions are a joke sometimes, pick the easiest tree in the park, they prune it before hand, making the canopy clear so they can see the action. Don't get me wrong, there are some bad mofo's that compete, but most of the time, these guys judge their own skill by the local competitions, then they get in the real world and do stuff like knock chimneys off a house (Iowa superstar did this last year) or drop a chunk thru a house from a crane because he didn't know how to tie it off (another Iowa climbing competition superstar, this one also broke his leg trying to ride the ball down while it had a huge lead on it) So please do not use that as a way to gauge your skill. So far, all the competitors that I know, and some have one many competitions, suck at actual tree work. Suck real bad. That is why they go to competitions all the time, it makes them feel better about themselves, and no one there knows what they are really capable off. Everyone can become someone else while they are there.
Now at the national's or international's, you will finds some guys who can do both, but that is just a handful.
To criticize any piece of equipment that is designed to make our lives easier, just because it is easier, well that's just not very smart

Lol yeah there were a few cottonwoods that compared. The big difference is I am smack dab center of a national forest so the majority of trees here are in the big range. Granted it is not redwoods either but what I was getting at was most of our trees first limb is 40 to 50 foot mark and a wraptor just makes sense to use if you have earned the privilege to use it. Our average tree is 90 foot and I have removed several 130 plus here and in Michigan. Indiana had a few tall and big ones too. I say the difference is the average tree and in the pine belt you will find they average much taller than most of the midwest.

When I travel I watch the trees shrink some and become less and less in dispersed unless I go straight south or east in Tennesee from here. When I go through Iowa I see miles and miles of corn,alfalfa, and I'm always looking for huge antlers hiding in it :) The smallest trees I have seen is western Texas with a few pecan as exception their average tree is 45 foot or smaller if the miles of mesquite is figured in.

I am always fascinated by different eco-systems and not at all putting your area down. My observations are just from my travels.
I'm always thinking about areas my bucket would be more than a ladder as here it is just that, a ladder.

I really am fascinated by the different eco systems of other areas

Last edited:
Lol yeah there were a few cottonwoods that compared. The big difference is I am smack dab center of a national forest so the majority of trees here are in the big range. Granted it is not redwoods either but what I was getting at was most of our trees first limb is 40 to 50 foot mark and a wraptor just makes sense to use if you have earned the privilege to use it. Our average tree is 90 foot and I have removed several 130 plus here and in Michigan. Indiana had a few tall and big ones too. I say the difference is the average tree and in the pine belt you will find they average much taller than most of the midwest.

When I travel I watch the trees shrink some and become less and less in dispersed unless I go straight south or east in Tennesee from here. When I go through Iowa I see miles and miles of corn,alfalfa, and I'm always looking for huge antlers hiding in it :) The smallest trees I have seen is western Texas with a few pecan as exception their average tree is 45 foot or smaller if the miles of mesquite is figured in.

I am always fascinated by different eco-systems and not at all putting your area down. My observations are just from my travels.
I'm always thinking about areas my bucket would be more than a ladder as here it is just that, a ladder.

I really am fascinated by the different eco systems of other areas

Maybe you could clear just one thing up for me Rope.....

Are you fascinated by different eco systems in other areas?:msp_smile::popcorn:

Latest posts

Back