Don't you hate it when....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad I could give you some distraction from the white knuckling it without your pall malls, Jeff. :)

LOL!,,Actually, I grew up in the swamps of Florida, my Dad and his friends made pure grain whiskey, (white lighting),,I was smoking at 13 years old,
Back then, John Wayne said to have a cig and relax,,I am going to be 53 in Feb and my youngest is 11 years old,,
Being the Operations Manager of a major tree company in so-cal is a lot of stress,
I get up at 3am and get home usually by 4pm,,
My Dad died from from lung cancer in 2007 at the age 77,he smoked Camel and Pall Mall non filtered. 2 packs a day or more. He let me smoke or he did not confront me abut it at the age of 13,,
I promise to be smoke free by the end of the moth,it will happen,,too much riding on it!
Jeff :)

LOL!,,Actually, I grew up in the swamps of Florida, my Dad and his friends made pure grain whiskey, (white lighting),,I was smoking at 13 years old,
Back then, John Wayne said to have a cig and relax,,I am going to be 53 in Feb and my youngest is 11 years old,,
Being the Operations Manager of a major tree company in so-cal is a lot of stress,
I get up at 3am and get home usually by 4pm,,
My Dad died from from lung cancer in 2007 at the age 77,he smoked Camel and Pall Mall non filtered. 2 packs a day or more. He let me smoke or he did not confront me abut it at the age of 13,,
I promise to be smoke free by the end of the moth,it will happen,,too much riding on it!
Jeff :)

Pall Malls got my youngest Uncle on my Mom's side when he was just three years older than you and me are right now. He came back from the VA hospital when he was 53 and said they told him he didn't have lung cancer. Of course they told him he did he just didn't want to go through the treatment deal....he smoked 'um till he died at 55.

The cold weather gets me, always has drawn me back . I quit all summer felt better first cold snap that hit I started again . It's a awful habit !

I had an uncle that could play piano really good - jazz , ragtime stuff.
Could also blow perfect smoke rings.
Those are the two things I remember most about him, and also that lung cancer was his grim reaper.

Oh yeah chewing is real tough to quit, i never smoked so i can't compare it to quitting smoking but i quit chewing, it will be 4 years January 19th the day my son was born ( 1st born and i have a 2 year old daughter) i tossed the can in the trash at the hospital and haven't had any since.

I ate sunflower seeds in the shell like crazy and chewed gum and let it sit in my lip and it worked. Some of the guys at work chew but I'm not even tempted anymore.

Sent from my Autotune Carb

I put them down for 5 years and heard of people quiting for a long time and pick them back up again and told myself I would never start again. Two years ago I picked them back up and been trying to quit since. I think I have it this time, I can go days without them but as soon as I pull in the yard to get stuff ready it kills me. When you finally quit it does feel good to know you dont have to go outside with others to smoke and you do feel a lot better.

The feeling ya get to know you dont have to have nicotine is awesome! The thing that really helped me last time was not talking about it, I try not to tell people that Im quiting.

I did the taper off thing. That doesn't work for too many people. I cut back more and more till I completely quit. My problem is I don't have that "feel good" feeling about it. Been depressed lately really. I was down to five a day and pretty happy with that...stayed there for a good long while. I smoked only after 5pm and then a limit of five.

Pall Malls got my youngest Uncle on my Mom's side when he was just three years older than you and me are right now. He came back from the VA hospital when he was 53 and said they told him he didn't have lung cancer. Of course they told him he did he just didn't want to go through the treatment deal....he smoked 'um till he died at 55.

Dang!

Nan started at 12, she smoked woodbine filterless when I was a kid, she gave up in her mid/late 80s and died at 91 from lung cancer caused by French chalk, from working in an electric blanket factory during and after the war, it was used for wire insulation

You have 80 foot spruce that's about to blow over in 50 mph swirling winds. No bucket access, it has to be climbed. As soon as I get it logged down and make the base cut, the wind stops completely. Not even a fart.

2 weeks ago I was going to the ymca up the road at 6 30 am. Windows were fogged but windshield was clean I go to make a hard left going headfirst out of the driveway. I went up in the air a bit with my one ton chev pu. Metal crunched. First thought was I did not know what happened then I remembered my wife has been parking overlapping the driveway to move away from the intersection because she THINKS it bothers people.

I am ON TOP of the front of the BMW station wagon with my truck right at driver's door! First reflex is to get off no matter what so I back up just as I came in and come off the car...$3200. damage car and $1800. damage to my pick up. I was both the bad guy and victim in the same accident. Day couldn't get any worse that the start. 2 weeks later wife gets rear ended in the car at a mall. Car was perfect and now is a wreck but still drives til parts come in and appt. with body shop.

Picture it pitch black out and foggy, the truck turned opposite way and the car over lapping drive and me making a normal left not expecting anything there. 525663_482953925096020_938138307_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back