Double ended saw making a cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is you could start one, turn on the ignition of the other one and simply rev up the first one--it would likely start just like bump-starting a manual transmission car.

He said he normally runs a 088 and a 3120, but that day it stated it was a 088 and 066.

That is a very dangerous design in 1972 Ski-doo created a machine called the inferno it was Powered by two 797 cc free air triples it drove the track from opposite ends and hit over 140 mph in the summertime testing phase but in the winter would disintegrate tracks in excess of 100mph this was due to each engine fighting over the track and that chainsaw has the engines fighting over the chain which is the weakest point and if that chain snaps the power it would have behind it is enormous. I would not want to be standing near it when it is run anyways.

My guess is you could start one, turn on the ignition of the other one and simply rev up the first one--it would likely start just like bump-starting a manual transmission car.

The clutch drum would just spin on the bearing......The clutch has to spin to cause centrifugal force to throw the shoes out and engage the clutch drum. They must either start both saws, or one has no clutch......direct drive.

I would think that that takes some awesome tuning. How would you start the other saw?

Both saws do not need to be tuned the same or even be the same size. You could have a 6 cube on one end and a 3 cube on the other end. RPM does not really matter either. One saw will assist the main saw and help with power and speed in cut. The only akward thing is that one saw has to be upside down. To start just start each normally and HANG ON for the cut.

Scott

Good catch CutScott. i was just going to say, I put the vid in pause and noticed the saw on the right was upside down. :clap:

Back