Double Powerhead Milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Divergence of opinion is good. :greenchainsaw:

We must not have any engineering folks on here to explain the problems with coupling two powerheads via chain.

I'd like to be given a grant to research the situation.

I'd want 2 large saws, two 85cc saws, a couple of double end bars, half a dozen single bars, a dozen different chain setups, two or three mills, several boxes of files, chaps, fuel money, and money to hire a helper.

I'd also want input from all the folks here and would report at least weekly.

I've got the wood. :cheers:

Problem is that my formal education doesn't have anything to do with engineering or statistical analysis or math at all.:dizzy: But I think I could set the record straight.:hmm3grin2orange:

I'll volunteer to be the second party for a double blind test. Now all we need is a volunteer to fund it.:)

Well I started that post thinking of gov't funding or more accurately stated "public funding" (but let's not pursue that here.) AS is the site put up on milling by the UK.

But I just had a brainstorm and it might work.

Simply add CSmilling to the events offered at competitive sawing venues.
:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Anytime you offer a prize or plaque for the fastest or strongest--you'll find out what works and what doesn't.

Okay maybe a new thread is in order to discuss the formalities of such an event. ..:clap:

Milling competition--points for speed, accuracy, and finish.

And all sawchain must be made available for inspection by the judges, competitors, and any interested parties.:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back