Dr power wagon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawhoss

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for anyone that has a DR Power Wagon. Been thinking about getting one for the firewood yard. Might be easier than pushing the 2 wheel wheelbarrows through the snow. Just wondering if it would be worth it. Also, about how much firewood can you get, thrown or stacked on the flatbed? As always, thanks in advance, for your input.

I have a power wagon for about 10 years now and I use it all the time around the yard. It is a very handy piece of equipment. I have hauled 6 or 8 dump trucks of dirt from our driveway to our back yard without any problem. It works good for fire wood if you use it as designed and do not try to use it as a truck. I have a rack that is about 18 inches tall that fits in side the regular bed for hauling wood and that works well. Unless your land is perfectly flat, I would not try to use it as a flat bed. My yard is hilly and the load has to held in on all sides or it will fall off. It can get top heavy and tip on hills if loaded too high. It is not really very wide. I use tire chains if hauling wood on hilly ground back in the woods. It is suprising how I lose traction because of weight transfer on hills. I also have the plastic bed and never use it. The regular wood bed is best for all work. I have used it a lot and am glad I have it.

wood hauling

Looking for anyone that has a DR Power Wagon. Been thinking about getting one for the firewood yard. Might be easier than pushing the 2 wheel wheelbarrows through the snow. Just wondering if it would be worth it. Also, about how much firewood can you get, thrown or stacked on the flatbed? As always, thanks in advance, for your input.

I am unsure if you would be interested in this but another option
could or would be the

MOTOBARROW: HOME

these folks build a small engine power unit for conventional wheel barrows using
a 2 wheel drive axle and motor with its own frame replacing the original
wheel barrows lower frame.

Something to think about I think all their videos are on you tube now as they are
not on their home page.

I don't know your path or terrain, but I used my garden tractor (less mowing deck) last year with a dump bed trailer and it worked great. Gave me a chance to exercise the tractor and keep the battery charged. Don't know if you have a riding mower or garden tractor, but my used trailer was about $50ish and those DR Powerwagons are right pricey.

Good luck hauling your wood - me thinks it's going to be a cold winter this year!

Thanks,
Bill

An ingenious fellow could build one of these out of an old riding mower and a bit of steel. One could
even include an auto-dump bed using a surplus linear actuator.

Five years ago I picked up a used on off of craigslist for $225.00 and all it needed was less than $20. in carb parts.

Picked up a second one a year ago that is like mint new for $350.00 off of craigslist.

Couldn't build one for that price. I never seem to find bargains like that.

I have a moto barrow rig works well, went that route rather than messing around with old lawn mower/ snowblower ect to build one. Roger ( owner of moto) and his wife are nice people over the phone, as we have never met in person. I got the 2 stroke version so I am not carrying 2 types of fuel. 4 stroke available also. I did have to do some slight mods to mount it on my very large ( 8cu) unit. There are a couple of the dr unit on cl around here at present both are pricey, well over the prices paid by previous poster. Note the dr unit has wheels in the back that are fairly small, so in loose or muddy terrain they can become a problem. It is not designed to be picked up in the back like a wheel barrow and it is pretty heavy. I can pick my unit up and put it in the truck/trailer without too much strain, you are not going to be able to do that with the dr or similar constructed unit. sorry don't have a picture right now. Maybe later. Chris ( ps its a real hoot to use)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back