Dr splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverRocket

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Haven't seen anything on here about the Dr Log Splitter, anyone have any experience with them?
Looks like they do a nice job, based on the YouTube videos
I'm thinking about trying one, I split between 20-30 cords/yr mostly oak and Locust.
looks like one of these things would really speed things up.
One think that concerns me with the DR is SAFTEY that ram Fly’s forward pretty fast, if your fingers or hand is out of position,…… Well its over.
I know you have to be careful with any splitter, but most splitter's rams aren't moving mach 2.
another concern would be that with the ram moving that fast and it hits a knot, the billet could violently kick out, possibly hitting you?

There is a huge thread on these if you do a search. Might have gotten moved up into the stickies. Original units had a lot of problems, enough so that DR pulled them off the market for awhile. Better choice is to get the super splitter ( that is what dr copied) US made not chicom questionability.

There is a huge thread on these if you do a search. Might have gotten moved up into the stickies. Original units had a lot of problems, enough so that DR pulled them off the market for awhile. Better choice is to get the super splitter ( that is what dr copied) US made not chicom questionability.

DR never pulled the Rapid Fire splitter off the market that I'm aware of. I think you might be confusing it with the Speeco Speedpro which was a different animal altogether.

Mr. HE:cool:

DR never pulled the Rapid Fire splitter off the market that I'm aware of. I think you might be confusing it with the Speeco Speedpro which was a different animal altogether.

I was an unlucky one to purchase the Speeco. But I will have to hand it to them, it was out of warranty and they have me a full refund after it chipped a tooth on the rail. They are working on Version 2.

Just purchased the DR and used it for the first time yesterday, amazing and way better that the Speeco one. Just seems more solid and refined machine. Split around 2 1/2 cords with ease, had some really nasty knotted oak and it took care of it. I am not easy to Impress, but this machine has, well done DR.

Mr. HE:cool:
I 've had a rapid fire for a few years now and every so often the handle will snap back with enough force to brake your hand. DR has not responded back to me, but they should be recalled!!!

I had there electric model for using inside the shop when it was cold outside. Mainly used it for kindling.
It didn't last long (about a month) before it lost all hydroponic power. Sent it back and bought a gas split'er of another brand.

buy a supersplit if you want a kinetic splitter...
ya call the company and the guy (paul) that designed the machine actually answers the phone.........try that with ANY other company..

My local small engines shop just started selling them. The mechanic I talked to said they only had a few out yet, so far so good. They only had the mid-range model, 28 ton if I remember correctly. I really want to build one. Neighbor just down the road has a Super Split, pretty sweet.

Latest posts

Back