Dremel sharpening kit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinch bug

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just getting started and I was looking at the Dremel with the chainsaw sharpening kit. Does anyone use this? Opinions?

Do you guys do your own machine sharpening or use only hand files?

Search

chinch bug said:
Just getting started and I was looking at the Dremel with the chainsaw sharpening kit. Does anyone use this? Opinions?

Do you guys do your own machine sharpening or use only hand files?

Dude do a search for Dremel. Like 2 days ago there was like 50 posts on the whole Dremel tool bud. Welcome to the Site eh? :cheers:

Serch this site for Grinding chains, or dremel. You should find what you are looking for. I used to use my dremel like it was the best thing since sliced bread. Then I found this site and tried hand filing as reccommended, Big difference. Hand filing is much more precise and doesn't generate the heat w/ grinding at high speeds. I also found that if you keep the bar/chain clean (out of dirt) a good chain should last a very long time, depending on the wood you are cutting. Try hand filing, you will be supprised how fast and easy it is.

Thanks for the info and link. I have been hand filing, but it is never as good as taking it to the shop. I just need to get better.

Latest posts

Back