Dremmel tool sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc_man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Any body try the dremmel tool sharpeners. I have a cordless dremmel and was thinking of getting some chain sharpening bits to try in the bush when chain gets dull. Just thought might be quicker then filing. But i would still refile when at home.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I have the Stihl one you hook to truck battery it does the job I'd assume a dremel would be just as efficient same concept I never use mine a friend gave it to me I used to use it a lot but stone on its gettin shot. Yes it'll work n keep you runnin dang you making me want one

Oh good i was hoping to hear good things about it. Think i will give it a try.

Definately get the diamond impregnated tools, they do not lose their diameter like the stone ones do and they do not cost much, Eze Lap is the brand.
I still prefer the file tho.
John

Picked up some oregon 3/16 bits. Will give it a try next time i need to touch up the chain at the bush.

Thanks everybody for the idea. Honestly I've always had problems properly filing chains and was thinking about getting a chain sharpener but discovering this Dremel attachment settled the score. :clap:

Definately get the diamond impregnated tools, they do not lose their diameter like the stone ones do and they do not cost much, Eze Lap is the brand.
I still prefer the file tho.
John
I have and use the Dremel attachment from time to time. That combined with the 8220 and a spare battery is in my pack and a spare set of stones. Plus the Files I carry. I have definitely needed to use it to correct a couple bad chips in a hurry.

Got a link to the specify tools? Or if there is a Dremel cross reference attachment?

When I was in the wood cuttin' biz, I carried a cordless Dremel and Stihl stones to the field...very handy, but yeah, they sure do wear...I don't cut enough wood in one setting to justify carrying sharpening stuff, plus I have multiple new or sharp chains for each saw.

I've got one of those. It works like you'd expect it to, after using any other similar electric sharpener. Coupled with a cordless dremel, it'd likely be an asset. I still prefer a Granberg hand sharpener. Yes it's slightly more trouble, but the results are a perfectly sharpened chain. But the dremel is cheap enough, try it out!

I tried the dremel route and never could quite get it to sharpen correctly. After that frustration, I bought a cheap Oregon Clone grinder and have never looked back at the dremel attachments.

Latest posts

Back