Dump trailer addition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only use bumper pull trailers do to Illinois DOT they hell on Goose necks if I am going to haul a long way I hook up the camper trailer bars I can haul more and have better control. My friend went to a heaveyer trailer he said he could haul more wieght but to load limit legaly he still could only haul one more ton so he when and sold his texas goose neck and back to his bumper hitch pull but different strokes for different folks
I'd rather have a GN trailer ANY day for anything bigger than 16', BUT with the way the law is cracking down on trailer usage around here, I get more useful load (on paper) from a bumper pull. Basically until I have the $$$ for the 25-30' dual tandem flat deck and 18' dual tandem dump trailers (and the CDL to legally use them at capacity with my current truck) I'm stuck at buying an 18-20' double axle bumper pull... If they werent so expensive to own/operate around here, I'd like a single axle semi and a 34-36' trailer. I could do a lot of cutting and few trips to haul back. I could make a lot of deliveries in one trip!!!

Bryan yes I would love to have a GN but after the $2000.00 fine I sold my 2 dump trucks and my 36 GN the State was on me all the time it was always some thing. Have the lady a the Drivers license place put on my trucks there pickup trucks we get a lot of troopers from Chicago down here for training and you know the rest. My 550 on the rest. It saves p/u because the State goes by the weight of the Vic.that is the cab and chassis my fuel tanks and no people in the Vic. No tool saw no gas can.

Latest posts

Back