Dump trailer addition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OH_Varmntr

Burner of stored sunlight
Reaction score
Since the acquisition of my tractor earlier this year, I've slowly realized the need for a better something to haul it with as my flatbed just wasn't up for the task.

So I sold my 24' flatbed woodhauler today and will be picking up a 14' PJ gooseneck dump trailer this week.

I'm driving the wife nuts [emoji38]

This way, I can haul the tractor to the site, load the dumper and either myself or whomever is helping me can go dump the logs at my place so the other can keep piling them up.

I want one as well, but I'm holding out for a 20' Dual-tandem GN... They have a lot more capacity/useful load. Having said that a 14k dump would be awesome right now...

Give some thoughts as to what you're gonna stop 14-20k lbs with....hard to do safely with a Toyota Tacoma .

Huh? I've got way more truck than any Tacoma.

I want one as well, but I'm holding out for a 20' Dual-tandem GN... They have a lot more capacity/useful load. Having said that a 14k dump would be awesome right now...

There have been a few around here for <$9k. For one, I wasn't going to spend that kind of money. For two, my truck has a GCWR of 20k lbs, so I'd need a different truck to be legal, and I love my truck too much to sell it.

There have been a few around here for <$9k. For one, I wasn't going to spend that kind of money. For two, my truck has a GCWR of 20k lbs, so I'd need a different truck to be legal, and I love my truck too much to sell it.
I understand. If/when I end up with that I will have a 4500/5500 series Sterling (Dodge) or equivalent to pull it with as a dedicated power unit... I will also have declared a business by then...

Good deal, i see lots of guys pulling waaaayy too heavy trailers with f250 power strokes, sure they will pull the weight, but will it stop in a hurry ? Im not sure i wanna be the guy to find out.

I was kidding about the tacoma. .

Honesty I wouldn't mind a single axle Freightliner, International or similar tractor, but until I have the business to justify the tags/insurance, etc it's not worth it. More loads on a smaller trailer is easier. Less cost effective, but generally easier... Now one I can buy a few more acres and get farm tags (for BIG trucks) then we're talking...

yva4y9ep.jpg

I'll bet it looks similar to this one.

Vero close, only visible difference is this one is older and doesn't sport a PJ decal along the neck of the hitch. Nice trailer!

Back