dump trailer **** chat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treevet

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am about to buy my 4th dump trailer today. Last 2 were stolen. I got a partial pay back in insurance money. I am sold on the Sure Trac like my last one. It was a 6x10 deck over with a 10k gvw and around 8k plus capacity or payload. I have looked at bigger ones but I want to fit thru places and also want to drive on lawns. Maybe a giant one comes a little later.

The 6x10 deckover I had to change the hitch to pintel and the tailgate to swing around as the down gate stuck in the ground. Also had to change the jack to a swingup as it was scraping on the ground and bending then not working. This time I think I will go with the 6x10 low pro which is just $8hun more and has barn door gates, also can be used as drop gate or spreader gate all in one. Has more structure, lower floor, just needs a board for sides as opposed to pockets on the deckover.

Low pro has a bulkhead in metal too. Has ramps underneath and an angle iron to catch them. One prob is the 2 tires are on the outside and that gets in the way of the dingo's reach unlike the the dkover with 2 tires underneath....any thoughts.

Also noteworthy is there seems to be a ring around here in a rash of dump trailer thefts. They need no title here and you can just regist. them with saying "no serial number" and get away with it. Just south of here in Ky. no registration exists at all (some other states too) making theft easy as pie.

But the last one the cops found was way up in Wisc. somewhere. One cop told me a guy had a tractor trailer tractor parked in front of one and they just disconnected the drive shaft and yanked it out of the way and stold it. Rain day here today so gonna go pick it up. http://www.smithtrailers.com/current inventory.aspx?cat=DUMP

I'm in love with PJ's 16 foot dump their features and specs are excellent

I craned honkers into one of those last fall and was amazed at how much it took. I got my new small one in the drive and it is really a first class piece of equipment. Even tie downs on the floor and all including the long ramps are powder coated. Sigs sticking up in the back are very nice but may get tagged now and then. 1st job...get a pintel ring on it.

I'm in love with PJ's 16 foot dump their features and specs are excellent
That's the one I have. Lo-pro, rated at 16k. It sits far more then it gets used at this point but is super handy when needed.
u4ahy9u6.jpg

That's the one I have. Lo-pro, rated at 16k. It sits far more then it gets used at this point but is super handy when needed.
u4ahy9u6.jpg
That a bumper pull? I'm torn between a gooseneck and bumper pull. Got a similar truck to that too 2500hd with fuel loving 6.0

I got the 6 litre also on my 3500 Silverado. Work mostly locally locally tho. I also have a dump insert and drop logs in it with my Dingo at times too so tow behind for me. Here is one I bought. Was told also that a large Bobcat won't fit but a smaller one will. Ok because I also have a trailer that will carry a larger BCat. $4800 plus
55246_2.jpg 55246_3.jpg

Here is one I had stolen.DSCF0877.JPG

Man its good to see Blakes and his crew hauling. And Vet, dude, I can't listen to this robbery stuff anymore. You gotta be tough to come back from all that. I gotta say that right now I left my truck and chipper parked in a dark lonely place and am little worried but at the same time hoping someone steals it.

And as far as this dump trailer things goes: Well I never really owned or worked with one before. Always just relied on the trucks and, personally, always felt some sort of aversion towards pretty much any kind of trailer. Not sure why.

Check out Midsota. Built like a brick shathouse. I have the 14 footer, I'll never part with it. I had a Pequa before, and in 3 years it was junk.

Interesting, I thought they were known to be beefy trailers.

Man its good to see Blakes and his crew hauling. And Vet, dude, I can't listen to this robbery stuff anymore. You gotta be tough to come back from all that. I gotta say that right now I left my truck and chipper parked in a dark lonely place and am little worried but at the same time hoping someone steals it.

And as far as this dump trailer things goes: Well I never really owned or worked with one before. Always just relied on the trucks and, personally, always felt some sort of aversion towards pretty much any kind of trailer. Not sure why.

If ya got a mini (dingo w/ grapple) ya gotta have a dump trailer to make it work. trux are too hi. also great for delivering mass firewood. they'll never get this one.

On the issue of theft - there are cheap GPS mobile trackers available, and they're tiny. Once you buy the unit, mount it somewhere discreet and all you gotta pay is mobile subscription fee. You get a mobile number, you send it a text message, it sends you back its GPS coordinates. I've got one on my truck, chipper, car and motorbikes. I'm hoping something will get stolen so I can have some fun.

That a bumper pull? I'm torn between a gooseneck and bumper pull. Got a similar truck to that too 2500hd with fuel loving 6.0
Yes. I'm sure goosenecks are nice but I have a dump insert in the pickup and the trailer also gets pulled by my bucket and chip truck.

image.jpg
5X10 JDJ trailer is some of the best money I ever spent too.
6 years now with zero issues, other than replacing tires periodically. Original brakes on it still passed annual safety cert. last summer.

I began increasing the capacity of my equipment a little over 10 years ago, because of EAB and it is paying off. I see that piece of ash in there. You all should be just about out of ash by now? (flushcut)

I gotta admit, years ago I looked at the cost of dump trailers and realized pretty quick I could buy a dump truck for about the same, so I bought a dump truck. I'm sure they have their uses, but for me a dump truck wins every time. Can't tow a chipper behind a dump trailer!

Could be a good side business in doing rubbish removals if you had a dump trailer though. Drop the trailer off at the clients house, they fill it, you come back and take it away in a few days. That was the only plus I saw. Rubbish removal has become a big business in aus. 10 cube bin is worth about $1500 for rubbish removal (!)

Back