dump trailer **** chat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ern76v.jpg
v7w4rr.jpg
2u5877n.jpg
for bigger I used this

The one thing about them tho, have heard and read about several people having the battery charge hooked up, somehow, don't ask me, the wiring catches fire and has burnt up a few trucks. Not exactly sure how it would happen if done properly, but I guess it does. Something to do with the harness on the truck side, up under the back bumper, where the trailer receptacle hooks into the system.
I ditched the battery on the trailer and ran welding cable from the truck battery back to the pump, works very well and I never have to worry about a dead battery.

IMG_20140416_193948_932.jpg Here is my small/medium prune job setup. The trailer is nothing special just has a log roller on the back. Works good for my one man prune jobs.

we use a dump trailer every day to haul our equipment to the jobsite. Added bonus, if we have extra big wood we cant fit in the dump truck, we will make a run to the dump with the trailer. I've set mine up to haul 10 alturnamats in it. That way we always have them with us if we need to protect a lawn. The tiedown in the trailer keeps them in when dumping so we never take them out unless we need to use them. I can fit my Vermeer s600tx and my SC372 in the trailer with a bucket and forks as well.

One important thing people overlook when searching dump trailers is the floor construction. You want really tight spacing on your floor frame and either a 7 or 10 gauge floor. Otherwise you will washboard the heck out of the floor. As said earlier, running a dedicated wire to eliminate the need for the marine battery is helpful. We haven't done that yet as we tow it with 3 different vehicles. These trailers can be really hard on the batteries when dumping heavy loads. Some advice I was given was to unplug the wiring harness from the truck when dumping. The trailer will start searching for power when it needs it and can burn up harnesses in the truck under heavy duress.

Some advice I was given was to unplug the wiring harness from the truck when dumping. The trailer will start searching for power when it needs it and can burn up harnesses in the truck under heavy duress.

Maybe that is how those trucks burnt up.

Back