dump trailer **** chat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta admit, years ago I looked at the cost of dump trailers and realized pretty quick I could buy a dump truck for about the same, so I bought a dump truck. I'm sure they have their uses, but for me a dump truck wins every time. Can't tow a chipper behind a dump trailer!

Could be a good side business in doing rubbish removals if you had a dump trailer though. Drop the trailer off at the clients house, they fill it, you come back and take it away in a few days. That was the only plus I saw. Rubbish removal has become a big business in aus. 10 cube bin is worth about $1500 for rubbish removal (!)

you don't have a mini, just that big Steiner

Why not just get a machine capable of loading an actual truck? I thought only landscapers used those things.

If you have to ask that you wouldn't understand. If you work on rural properties with milkweed and poke all over the lawns you don't need a 2000 lb. tracked grapple mini loader that can pick up about 1500 lbs and put it in the dump trailer. If you work on high end properties that have lawns like Augusta at the Masters (you prob don't know what that reference is) then the mini/dumptrailer is mandatory.

I don't have a mini, what's a steiner?

It's a different game in aus. I don't know any guys that have minis. I've hired bobcats on a couple jobs but it's just so rare that you can get that kind of access in residential. People don't want their lawn damaged. If we can get heavy equipment in and it's a big job, we'll use a crane. Then I want a big dump truck with at least a 20 cube bin, not a dump trailer.

Dump trailer is much cheaper to run than another truck. I was against having one for a long time and can't believe how much we use it now. We do a lot of landscape work and mulching too though. Have a Brimar 6x12 that can haul my 743 when needed. Stout trailer that has been good except for the paint that has started peeling off in sheets now after 4 years. Saw a Carry-on dump exactly like mine the other day, not sure if Brimar makes it for them or the other way around?

I don't have a mini, what's a steiner?

It's a different game in aus. I don't know any guys that have minis. I've hired bobcats on a couple jobs but it's just so rare that you can get that kind of access in residential. People don't want their lawn damaged. If we can get heavy equipment in and it's a big job, we'll use a crane. Then I want a big dump truck with at least a 20 cube bin, not a dump trailer.

The Kanga comes from there you never see them?

too equipment intensive for me. I use my own crane when nec but the mini and dump trailer is lightning fast and I can carry my mini and my mini stump grinder on the same single axle trailer. Sometimes I even bring logs with the mini grapple and put them on chokers and load them with the crane if a huge tree or mini grapple right into my 20" chipper. Thought everyone knew this is the best way for medium td's which compromise most of your td's if you were honest with yourself (speaking of everyone).

I gotta admit, years ago I looked at the cost of dump trailers and realized pretty quick I could buy a dump truck for about the same, so I bought a dump truck. I'm sure they have their uses, but for me a dump truck wins every time. Can't tow a chipper behind a dump trailer!

Initial purchase price might be similar, but the operating cost of keeping a dump truck on the road (up here) in insurance, licence sticker, e-test, safety cert. etc, is WAY higher than a dump trailer. Am planning on putting a hitch and electric connector on back of dump trailer this summer to be able to tow chipper behind dump trailer on short hauls. Another guy who posts here used to do that.

gotta go and exchange the 10by6 for the 12 by 7. Up to 8 lug wheels, bigger tires, dual pistons, heavier axles and springs and more capacity, etc all for just 6 hun more...then off to work to use it. Snow here this am.

I began increasing the capacity of my equipment a little over 10 years ago, because of EAB and it is paying off. I see that piece of ash in there. You all should be just about out of ash by now? (flushcut)
That's all ash. EAB showed up in this area about three-four years ago and has come on pretty strong. I suspect it will slow down a bit with the winter die off, some reports of 20% EAB beetle kill, but it's here and will be until the ash is a goner. Just like the elm around here. There is still a good amount of ash left but they are numbered.

)

If ya got a broke down dump truck you won't be a dumpin.

If you got a broke down truck that pulls the dump trailer...I got 7 other trucks that can pull it.

when my mini was fairly new and my 2nd of 4 dumpers (dandee) the other one that was stolen. pd. 25 hun for it used and they gave me 35 hun on claim.

Latest posts

Back