"Duro" chain ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you wanna do some testing for Gregg or let me know how much for the chain and shipping ?
I'm kool either way

I sharpen 3 chains I for a friend. I use to cheapo bits off ebay. Thought may be Gregg had some better quality bits.

I sharpen 3 chains I for a friend. I use to cheapo bits off ebay. Thought may be Gregg had some better quality bits.

Dang it.......

I saw this a day to late......

What brand bits are they, I'm curious if they are the ones I found.

Howdy,
In the diamond stones for carbide tipped chain, I have 2- 7/32, 3-3/16, and 3-5/32. I will send them at no charge if you want to get back on here and give an evaluation after you've tried them. I have a bunch of stones for standard chain out for testing, http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/grandberg-type-sharpening-stones.285808/ and so far nobody has been able to fail one.
Just PM, or e-mail me with a good mailing address and I'll send you one.
Regards
Gregg

I was jibber jabbering with the 2 service department managers at the larger local dealership yesterday and I asked how the Frantzen did with carbide chains. They apparently have one customer who drops off three chains every week and they charge $1 per cutter. One mechanic knows to change out the grinding wheels first thing every Tuesday morning. Been doing it all year and he is happy with it. I have never used Carbide at all but am curious.
following this thread
Dave

I used carbide chain back in the late 80's when bucking wood skidded out of a swamp. (making a lake). I don't recall that much about it other than they had to get sent out to be sharpened and they worked pretty good for what we were doing. At the prices they get nowadays, I would have to have a very specific need to acquire any.

I love me some Duro chains. Most of my wood is skidded, drug, beat, banged.

Wear glove, dust mask and eye protection. Sharpening carbide can get carbide dust in places it will never leave. Clean up the dust when done, heavy but it transfers every where. Fines still air float.

Latest posts

Back