Earlier today.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelofDarkness

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Near Olive Center, MI

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture004.jpg

I'm on the left, the orange saw is mine.

Special thanks to Doug, the skid steer driver for helping us and taking some of the pics

You friggin cheater why didn't you get the rest of the tree loaded while you were at it instead of just the limbs?:p

You friggin cheater why didn't you get the rest of the tree loaded while you were at it instead of just the limbs?:p

This was all dead wood from 5-6 different trees sitting on the ground in a chunk of woods, most of it had been there for 2-3 years. Some of the bigger stuff was too rotten to want to deal with.

And I got FULL of briers, that sucked.

Is that a wheat field you are driving in. We try hard to get a good stand of wheat and avoid drving on it if possible. Nice loader and pictures by the way.

Cool! Great pics too, and yup briars suxor (just clean off the dog yesterday after rolling through a bunch, GAH!) :D
Ya did cheat though, smilin' or not :D (kiddin')

:cheers:

Is that a wheat field you are driving in. We try hard to get a good stand of wheat and avoid drving on it if possible. Nice loader and pictures by the way.

Yeah it is winter wheat and it was just starting to grow. It's not my place or my equipment, wish it was! The field is rented to a local farmer, I guess I didnt realize that stuff was starting to grow down there!

The wheat will be okay, except where you tore into the soil. Heck, in Oklahoma and some parts of Kansas, many run cattle on their winter wheat until it starts to grow in the spring. You didn't do it any favors by driving over it, but you didn't likely cost the farmer more than a couple bushels.

Sure wish I had a skid loader to use...

Back