Early Christmas Present

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VultureZ

Reaction score
First time post for me. I have been lurking around the site for a while now and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all the posts in all the sections. So I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth on a new log splitter my wife and kids got me for Christmas. They bought me a new Speeco 5 ton electric log splitter from TSC. I've read good and bad about these electric splitters. So far today I've split about a 1/3 of a truck load of wood with it. Hedge, Osage Orange. I am very impressed! I've split a lot of hedge over the years by hand with a maul and any body that burns hedge will understand how tough it is. I stuck some pretty gnarly chunks in this machine today and it plowed right through them. So we will see on a long term basis what will happen.

Congrats on the Splitter. Won't be needing my much this year. Looks like Santa will be bringing me a Big Lump of Coal..

Welcome.
Did you do anything to the wedge? WAX, LUBE, WD40??
I have a 6T electric unit but can't get any satisfaction.

Hope you enjoy it. I also got one for Christmas- caught it on sale at TSC the weekend after Thanksgiving. I have a 22 ton for my main splitting, so I use this in the garage to make kindling and smaller splits. So far, it works great. It was never handy to get the big one out in the winter when I run out of small stuff. They had some cheaper China models at Rural King, but I decided to spend a little more and buy Speeco. They have treated my right with service on my bigger splitter.

Welcome.
Did you do anything to the wedge? WAX, LUBE, WD40??
I have a 6T electric unit but can't get any satisfaction.

No, I didn't use anything on the wedge. I've read about others spraying some slick-m on wedge to help but I figured the wedge is blunt enough if the tip doesn't start then adding lube is not going to help much. There are yellow streaks further down the wedge from the wood but once the intial split starts the hard parts over.

Latest posts

Back