Early firewood orders.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well the other day I received an order for 250 bundles of wood from a local supermarket. I told them I didn't have any cured wood ready, but they insisted on receiving the order asap, so I've spent the last few days {in the heat & humidity} cutting, splitting and wrapping firewood bundles. It was a lot of work but I finished last night, and delivered the wood early this morning.

I thought I'd take a few pictures of the process as I was working yesterday.

Couple of logs I skidded in with my neighbors Kubota.
attachment.php

The 7900 made quick work of these logs.
attachment.php

All loaded up and ready to deliver.
attachment.php

Nice pics. The 90 degree weather we've been having this week makes me happy that I finished all my firewood in early April. Stay hydrated

Andy,

You should have wood stacked up and split drying any ways ! If we all come on here to just read we are in trouble! If I were you I would have some wood stacked up and drying because you know they will be calling as soon as its gone. Be a good boy scout and be prepared.

Andy, will the supermarket throw in a free can of charcoal lighter so the campers can get that wet wood to burn? :confused: There won't be any skeeters near those campfires - :laugh:

No doubt about that.lol

I wasn't in trouble, as I normally don't start selling until late September or early October. I can't tell you why they wanted the wood so early this year, or why they didn't care if the wood was green or not. I told them the wood was far from being ready to burn, but they insisted on having anyway..

sdaly. I get the wrap from a friend who works for a local produce company.

The 4th Is Always A Big Seller For Bundles At Least For Me. My Stores All Seem To Start Selling More About The First On May And Continue Through About Mid August.my Beach Store Always Want 1000 On Hand For The 4th So I Bet That's What You Store Wants To Do .they Probably Figure Lots Of Campers And Bbq They May Have Had People Already Asking For The Wood.as For The Green Wood I Have Come To Find That Some Stores Just Don't Care As Long They Make The Sale .i Had One Time When I Could Not Get To My Dry Wood After A Large Rain Storm The Store Insisted That Get Some I Told Them All Had Was Wood That Left Out In Rain And Really Wet But They Wanted Any How

I bet that really caught you off guard to get orders this early huh. The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. The campground I worked at just kept ordering wood all summer. I kept up most of the time, but it was a killer summer working 60 hours at work and then doing wood for 3 to 4 hours. It is nice to have a cord or 2 laying around for backup, but a lot of the time that just isn't possible.

It can get tough. I do firewood for the extra money so it's not a big deal to me if I'm moving wood all the time or not, but I at least try to keep the customers that I do have happy. I had a good cord on hand when I got the call, but 250 bundles = about 2.5 cord.

Latest posts

Back