Easiest Way to Sell Stihl Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indiansprings

Firewood Purveyor
Reaction score
The easiest way to sell Stihl Chainsaws is to simply tear down a Husky Homeowner farm saw and dispaly the crank sitting in the plastic case with the cylinder loose were the customer can take it off and see the bead of sealant used for a head gasket and the two piece plastic bottom end. In fairness we set a Stihl clamshell beside it torn down the same way,customers prefer the metal cap to plastic.....................flame on.......should be a good one to liven the crowd up!

good sales tactic showing stihls poorly built and Husqvarnas poorly built side by side. you should do that with the pro saws too, oh wait that would back fire on you :buttkick:

Good one Terry, I'll respectfully agree on the first part and disagree on the second, all the post said it's the easiest way to sell them, nothing to do which one is better.lol Knew it would get some panties in a wad.lol I think I'm correct in saying Husky inherited the design of setting the crank directly in the plastic case from Jonsered when they acquired them. You have to love the box stores selling them to Joe Homeowner, should keep you in the repair business forever. Thankfully we're busy enough working on Stihl,Echo and Wildthangs to turn away the 400 series Huskies. The most common Husky we see traded in is the 350,amazingly we turn them for 250.00 used. You know I like the XP's all brands make good and bad ones, just the nature of the beast, look at the 019 design and the pizz poor chassis on the 270/280.

Somewhere Brad posted a great photo of the 350 style where there is no metal cap on the design, crank rides directly on the mains, there is no metal cap the plastic housing is the engine pan. Polymers are being used in firearms all the time......didn't say if it was good or bad, just that it the easiest way to sell saws, most take one look and decide metal is better, you don't have to comment one way or the other. It's not as bad as Echo claiming all their designs are "professional grade" whether a clamshell design or splitcase design it's the biggest farce out there at least Husky and Stihl classify them as homeowner/farm/ranch saws.

Why did the EU have to force Husky to share AT tech with Stihl. I guess they wanted to bring Stihl down to Husky level.:)

What saw did you use?

As far as I know Husky stopped using a plastic-only bottom end for the engine, and now casts the metal cap into plastic case. I'm fairly sure the 455 is this way. So it has the same parts as the Stihl but the cap is attached to the case. Poulan however, has always used a metal cap on their clamshells.

Do you show them the bar studs threaded into the plastic case on the Stihl too?

Back