Easiest Way to Sell Stihl Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why did the EU have to force Husky to share AT tech with Stihl. I guess they wanted to bring Stihl down to Husky level.:)
According to Stihl reps they don't pay Husky anything, they say they developed it long before with the 270/280 platform which came out years ago using electronic solenoid to control the carby. Both brands need each other to drive technology to the market place....I was looking at old saw prices the other day despite all the improvements pro saws of either brand really haven't gone up that much at all. I'll guarantee Terry or I aren't ever going to get rich selling them. Working on them is were the coin is if you run a good shop.

for me the money is in mowers ,sales and service of them carry you thru the winter. I sell 90% of my saws on the net not locally.

Let them read the foreign gibberish saw troll writes... SOLD!!!!

I.S. is right... Time to get things fired up a little...

We'd have another build off, but the damn Husky would win again...

Get well soon 661... You may be released here some day...

Well, if we can get five or six pages about what chain to run on a MS-261, this thing could end up like a MM build thread from days of old.......

I would make one point: I freakin love all of my saws for one reason or another and some of them have a fair amount of plastic in them. I like hangin' here to be with like minded people, and hear/see what spins their crank.

Not sure, but after someone runs a 562, I don't know how they can run a stihl anything!!!
FLAME ON CREAMSICKLE GEEKS!!!

I had to think about that for a minute.
I've always owned Stihl saws. Last year, after reading all of the hype on here, I bought a 562. When it runs right, it's hands down, the best firewood saw I've ever owned. I still carry an ms261 and ms460 when I cut, just in case the 562 is in one of its moods. If the 562 is having a good day, the others don't leave the bed of the Gator, unless I trash a chain or need the 460 for a large tree.
The saw has been slowly improving and is running properly a lot more consistently than it did when new. I'm hopeful that the unit I have is just a slow learner and the Auto Tune will completely sort itself out soon.

My only concern is longevity. I know that my Stihl saws will still be running in 25 years, we'll have to see with the Husqvarna.

I honestly don't think that any of the new strato saws will last as long as their predecessors. Some will call me crazy. But I have my reasons and theories.
Just be generous with the oil.
just curios but why do say that? they don't turn no faster do they? is it not just a difference in port design?
if you mean newer saws in general then yep, I agree. i'll prolly still have the old 10mm 044 when all the rest of um are gone.:laugh:

Back