Ebay fraud

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urhstry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in Time Saver Pipe, a guy on ebay going by the name, Woodchucker2808 is selling it at rock bottom prices. The only problem is that he doesn't have the pipe and doesn't ship anything. But he'll give you a tracking number! If anyone knows this guy, please let me know. He states he is from Michigan I think. Buyer beware!

I think the same way. however he is not the only guy that is trying to get rid of excess stock of OWB items. Plus he had a Paypal Verified Business account with a phone number. I felt pretty safe.

UPDATE: Received an email from wood*ucker2808 stating my item was shipped. Supposed to be here Thursday. I'll keep everyone posted.

Good luck on your purchase.I think too many sellers are far too casual about shipping.Good sellers have either packed the item or the means to do so immediately at the close of the auction.The item should be shipped as soon as funds clear...what good is a nervous customer?

I looked on ebay too but decided to make my own ( I did buy some insulation on ebay). A few hours and for less then $4.65 a foot done. Right now it is unburied and I get no snow melt off of it.

I buy and sell on ebay from time to time and we are seeing more and more scam activity than we ever have. Craigslist is even worse.

I would agree in Craigslist, if it seems to good to be true, no local phone number, no local town listed, or when you send them an email and they reply they are out of state, in Iraq, blah, blah, probably a scam waiting for a sucker.

I did nab a good deal on MS 361 yesterday on CL though, needed some christmas cash. Got to get em quick.

attachment.php

I won't even consider something on craigslist unless it's a local sale. As far as I'm concerned anything other than that on cl is a scam and I won't have anything to do with it. It's a case of handing the person the money and leaving with the item, no exceptions...

I would agree in Craigslist, if it seems to good to be true, no local phone number, no local town listed, or when you send them an email and they reply they are out of state, in Iraq, blah, blah, probably a scam waiting for a sucker.

I did nab a good deal on MS 361 yesterday on CL though, needed some christmas cash. Got to get em quick.

attachment.php

Never used....wow. I might have to look around there a little more often!

Never used....wow. I might have to look around there a little more often!

Nah, it was a little weird, about 3 - 4 tanks of fuel through it, he said it had a new 18" bar and chain... I said why, he said he got it pinched real bad and it ruined both chain and bar. I was a little skeptic but the price was right, and the drive was 45 minutes. It has some scuffs and scrapes, a piece chipped of the bottom of the handle), overall clean and nice. I would rate it 8.5 but I am pretty picky, he rated it 9.0 before I drove to see it, $350 cash. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

thats in a million times better shape than some of the saws ive seen out there. I like when they post hardly used and you cant even see the lettering on the bar.

Back