Ebay scam?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustang71

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So I'm sitting here looking at eBay and I see brand new husky rancher 455 46 dollars free shipping then another one same thing. Then an echo 47 dollars. Then a stihl ms250 46 dollars and another 47...must be a scam but they are selling at crazy speeds. One was for sale about 5 miles away from my house at an authorized husky dealer that I've never seen... I was tempted to click buy but then stopped myself

If it sounds too good to be true--it is.

A few weeks ago a neighbor was all excited to tell me about a Toyota pickup she was buying for $2,000--low mileage, carefully kept by the woman's husband till he passed away--a steal at three times the price. THEN, the seller was going to ship the vehicle across 3-4 states at no cost (maybe that shipping time would allow for the money and seller to disappear?) I told her she should examine the details very carefully--this sounds way too good.

She looked into things and found she'd been about to lose $2,000.

Yea it was so odd this 455 was like 5 miles away from me for 46 dollars and I was thinking that's an awesome deal...then I saw 3 sold in 1 hour and it didn't make sence lol then I was looking again like I always do and saw the same add in a different state for 419. Good thing I didn't click buy. I sent the real seller a message with a heads up.

I mainly check ebay regularly "I'm bored" for prices since they are controlled by seasons holidays and supply and demand unlike amazon or walmart. I don't buy equipment unless it's stihl but usually buy parts.

Latest posts

Back