Echo 350t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimberMcPherson

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Okay I just got one, I have looked at them in the shops alot in the last 3 years and wanted to get one. I did get to climb with one working with a mate almost a year back, it was a good saw but needed to be tuned and was running to much oil in the fuel.

Ive used echos quite a bit, I prefer my 020 and ms200, but you cant beat the echos for cut for buck. This 350t came up at an auction and I grabbed it for about 160us dollars. (a third of their new price) still has its original chain, in good nick. I havent put my tach on it yet to see what its reving to but according to the sticker its supposed to do up to 13,500 rpm.

Overall they are better than the cs3400. More power, better filter system (sooooo easy to clean) and the ergonomics. The chain brake engages well but getting it off is a little harder to do than on other top hanldles.
Im not sure about the front handle, the angle of it takes a bit of getting used to and seems to encourage the user to have there hand away from behind the chain brake.

Power it certainly doesnt lack, I have yet to put it up against my 020's and will have to get a better cutting chain on to get a real comparison.

The shape is alot more square in the butt, which is a shame as the cs3400 was great partly because on a lanyard it was well shaped to be dragged through a dense canopy. MY other concern with the new design is if it will be as physically tough as the old model-We have all dropped them from huge heights and they just bounce, im unsure if the new handle system will be as robust.

Overall so far it seems like an improvement and for the price, a great saw, but will keep you posted. Hey ricky, hows yours been?

Good buy! I used to use those echos all the time when working for a different company. They were always reliable, lightweight and were virtually indestructable. I can't remember which models, maybe the older 4000 or something. great saws.

After my recent experience with a Echo CS300, and CS346 I will not give Echo another try. The new chain adjuster on the side would lock up on the 346 and neither saw would want to start after I used it awhile and set it down, then when I would try to start both seemed to vapor lock.

TimberMcPherson said:
The chain brake engages well but getting it off is a little harder to do than on other top hanldles.

This is what I've done.

Take the cover/brake thing apart and you'll see there's a spring with a washer on it, remove the washer thing, it will relieve some of the spring force, saw works great without it ... trust me.

Also, the bolt that holds the chain brake handle thingo to the steel arm comes undone, I've lost my handle now, get a better nut or a longer bolt so you can lock up 2 nuts.

Back