Echo 4920 and 4910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep new one plastic cased and heavier.

Want better built better mag cased saw better buy those 4910 or the 501 that is still being made.

I checked the other day and found a online seller with 99 4910 in stock at retail asking prices.

Old pic Mitch took when weighed them when came out. PHO dry.

e4910weightt.jpg

Home Depot still shows the 4910 as well as the CS400 in stock.
strato has no cat right ?

and a little better fuel economy?

What is the downside
You know I have done a lot of reading on this topic over the years and I don't think there is much downside. A little extra weight, maybe a little more expensive to manufacture. A lot of people are instinctively distrustful of anything that comes from EPA mandates.

Home Depot still shows the 4910 as well as the CS400 in stock.

You know I have done a lot of reading on this topic over the years and I don't think there is much downside. A little extra weight, maybe a little more expensive to manufacture. A lot of people are instinctively distrustful of anything that comes from EPA mandates.
I agree with your statement re: no downside, but otherwise I have no trust...

I've got one strato saw and like the reduced exhaust smell, but still picked up a 4910. Couldn't pass it up at $60 off list from a store that was dropping Echo.

Yep new one plastic cased and heavier.

Want better built better mag cased saw better buy those 4910 or the 501 that is still being made.

I checked the other day and found a online seller with 99 4910 in stock at retail asking prices.

Old pic Mitch took when weighed them when came out. PHO dry.

View attachment 1099924
I've had a CS-420ES (plastic case) for over 4 years - only replacement was rope pulley from high cycle (multiple) starts due nature of most work. A really good saw.

I've had a CS-420ES (plastic case) for over 4 years - only replacement was rope pulley from high cycle (multiple) starts due nature of most work. A really good saw.
If you like plastic cased saws thats fine. I still have some plastic cased ones I use for root cutters, loaner saws and sell to guys to do yard work too. Nothing wrong with them.
Just not mag cased with bolt on cylinders like I like. Better built saws IMHO.

Piston is heavy and can shorten bearing and crank life
I only have one strat saw and often run another. They both run upwards of 14,000RPM WOT. They are torches compared to my conventional two strokes. The one I have has lasted a long time though, so nothing conclusive, but plain physics aren’t in its favor.

If you like plastic cased saws thats fine. I still have some plastic cased ones I use for root cutters, loaner saws and sell to guys to do yard work too. Nothing wrong with them.
Just not mag cased with bolt on cylinders like I like. Better built saws IMHO.
One of the most enduring saws I’ve ever owned is a plastic clam. I don’t think it matters as long as quality is good, when it comes to how long they’ll go. Of course, a metal crank case does lend itself well too larger displacement engines and why you won’t find many modern saws over 50cc with plastic cases, except the Stihl 391 and Husqy 460, and those saws will run forever if taken care of. Also plastic clamshells aren’t as easy to replace engine parts unless it’s an older Echo. The presently fading generation of Echo clams were super easy to break down and will put on as many hours as any pro saw.

Wait it out and Echo has a forty- something cc saw on the European market that is built like the 7310. No auto tune, and I almost remember it not being strato but not 100 on that. That is one I’ll be after if it hits our market.

One of the most enduring saws I’ve ever owned is a plastic clam. I don’t think it matters as long as quality is good, when it comes to how long they’ll go. Of course, a metal crank case does lend itself well too larger displacement engines and why you won’t find many modern saws over 50cc with plastic cases, except the Stihl 391 and Husqy 460, and those saws will run forever if taken care of. Also plastic clamshells aren’t as easy to replace engine parts unless it’s an older Echo. The presently fading generation of Echo clams were super easy to break down and will put on as many hours as any pro saw.
You know the style plastic crankcases I like. Efco got it right.

They did it this way on a 152. Best built plastic cased saw I ever seen.

e52.jpg_thumb.png
e52x.jpg

Wait it out and Echo has a forty- something cc saw on the European market that is built like the 7310. No auto tune, and I almost remember it not being strato but not 100 on that. That is one I’ll be after if it hits our market.
Few of them already here. Guys shipping them in and porting them already.

e4310weight.jpg

You know the style plastic crankcases I like. Efco got it right.

They did it this way on a 152. Best built plastic cased saw I ever seen.

View attachment 1100153
View attachment 1100154
I like that! Does remind me of the Echos I mentioned. They have a metal lower half as well and run forever.

What was really cool was not long ago they produced the 450, which was a clamshell with a metal housing. Those saws were flat out tough! They did that with 440 and I think there was a 510 and 520. I wish I would have bought one while they lasted. I was needing bigger saws then.

Back