Echo 610 thoughts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonkelaar

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A small town in the Gelderland region in The Nethe
Since i asked years ago what i should do with a never fired CST 610 that i found most of the reactions here were leave her unused.
Because i was able to collect more of them i could run the others.
But as time goes by, a dead saw, even so untouched and nice as she is, does not attract me any more as in the beginning. So thoughts come up to sell and then the dilemma getting the best price, or finding a collector who becomes happy with a seldom saw model and ask a more fair price under collectors.
Since i am also working in the real market and know you get very few presents in life i tend to make the best price, with as a result that only a few are able to afford the saw.
Should i tend to the ethic side under collectors or is there understanding not to give away where you put your efforts and energy in?
Maybe a luxury problem but like to hear vieuws.

Greetings from Holland
Jos.

Jos, you have the most impressive collection of Echos I have ever seen. The 610 twin is the most collectable of the entire series. I have seen this saw in excellent condition sell on ebay for $1400 US. I sold one in very good condition for $800. I believe you should try to find another collector who will pay you what the saw is worth and maintain it in an unused "shelf queen" condition.

Agree. Put it for sale on a portal catering to collectors from Northern Europe or the US and Canada.
You'll get a fair price for it and it will be in the hands of somebody who knows what it is.
Echo and Solo twins are the only vintage chainsaws worth true money here besides the Dolmar KMS-4 and the Stihl Contra/07/09 family.

If you really want to use one, and not sure why you would,because they are heavy for a 60cc saw, you can fire up one of the other 4 you have :cheers:.

Latest posts

Back