• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade echo 650evl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
Reaction score
looking for trades for WHY on this here echo. figured there would be some echo guys on the forum so we'll see what i can come up with here. saw purs like a kitten and blows 160psi on my gauge which i believe has been reading a bit low. i cleaned the carb, air box, and filter for the hell of it even though it ran good. tuned it rich as it sits because i have no bar for it to tune it in wood. AV mounts are intact but could be replaced as they are a little soft. my understanding is that the AV mounts on these saws were soft to begin with. i would run them if i was gonna run this saw. looking for husky, stihl, and maybe even a bit of dolmar in trade. send me a PM if interested.

edit: dang. forgot to mention there is a small crack in the clutch cover by the exhaust exit. this can be seen in the 6th pic.

IMG_0267.JPG IMG_0269.JPG IMG_0270.JPG IMG_0272.JPG IMG_0273.JPG IMG_0274.JPG IMG_0275.JPG

to tell you the truth guido. i have no idea what this saw is worth. it isn't what i normally come across. don't have a value in mind but i do know what i don't want. just looking for offers in trade here.

im at the point with saws where "Im looking ahead..... not behind" There's some stuff I got my eyes set on now- 241cm, 540xp, 441cm, 661cm etc. Next saw will be the 540xp I reckon unless one of my "evil friends" flashes something in front of me that I need.:D

Bump. Not even an offer :( one thing i should mention is that if the picture of the cylinder wall scares anyone don't be worried. I believe those are oil streaks cause the thing was tuned rich something fierce when i got it. It's a good running saw. Wish i had a bar to try it out. There's gotta be a guy wanting one of these echo's.

I don't need it, but I would like to have one of those just for chits an' grins. Wish I knew what you're interested in. I AM curious about that cylinder wall. If it is indeed good, that picture is doing it a huge injustice. Did it stihl have a lot of oil in the cylinder when you did the compression check?

The thing is good for sure. I did the compression check before i pulled the muffler so oil was in there. Thing feels like it has massive compression and both sides of the piston look good. I did a compression test with a gauge that i know is reading low. Thing purs like a kitten. I should have got a q-tip in there and wiped the streaks off the cylinder walls before the pic. I've been trying to hunt down a bar for it locally just to try it but no luck.

Oh and i am more or less looking for a project saw really. Husky, stihl, or dolmar. Haven't worked on many dolmars so one of those would be sweet.

Thanks for the offer guido. Gonna wait a bit to see what else turns up. I've had so many 025's and 031's in the past and i'm looking for something different. Either a small cc dolmar or a larger stihl project. Mostly just don't want to be messing with a locked up clamshell :laugh: These echo's are turning up some serious dollars on ebay. Of coarse everything saw related is over priced on ebay. Just amazing what some people will pay. I wanna trade this purring echo for a complete stihl/dolmar project. Any takers :) a running and ready to use saw for a blowed up one. I don't mind rebuilding bottom ends to for the right saw ;).

Also i know you gotta have like 200 other options in your stash guido. Lots you would never part with but there's gotta be more in a supreme saw whoreders stash :laugh:

How about a dolmar 3300 (renamed tanaka) top handle needing carb work & tlc (muffler cover is rough, needs hb handle) sounds good on prime + a dolmar ps34 in very good condition ran great until it started flooding itself......

you best start a convo with some pics to start. you are a very new member but lets have a chat and see what we can come up with.

Back