Echo Chainsaws...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulameendude

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guy's...A neighbor of mine...an old guy in his 80's gave me two Echo saws that he hasn't used in years...like 10 or more. I took them home, cleaned the carbs and put fresh fuel in them. These saws run GREAT! They sound good and strong...My question is ...does anyone know anything about an Echo CS 602VL or an Echo CS 500VL? Just asking to see what I have here. I am quite happy with the saws I have (all listed below), and use every time I go out for fire wood... and I did acquire these Echo saws a while ago...just thought I would ask around.
Thanks in advance fellas.

Hi Guy's...A neighbor of mine...an old guy in his 80's gave me two Echo saws that he hasn't used in years...like 10 or more. I took them home, cleaned the carbs and put fresh fuel in them. These saws run GREAT! They sound good and strong...My question is ...does anyone know anything about an Echo CS 602VL or an Echo CS 500VL? Just asking to see what I have here. I am quite happy with the saws I have (all listed below), and use every time I go out for fire wood... and I did acquire these Echo saws a while ago...just thought I would ask around.
Thanks in advance fellas.
I have the 500vl since the 70s.
It's a real workhorse but good luck finding parts.
Check serial#,as there has been a recall on certain ones for years,and if it matches they will give you a new saw,for real!

I have 3 Stihls (MS-261, MS-400, MS-500i) and one new Echo I just got the other day (CS-620P) via a trade-in. The saw I traded in was a CS-590 that has around 200 cords of wood that was felled, limbed, and bucked on it (I’ve been clearing mountain pine beetle kill). In all that time, not one single issue. Not one. And I embarrassingly treated that saw like $hit. This is week I got an offer I couldn’t refuse on a new saw. The CS-620P appears to be a better version of the 590.

Echo makes GREAT saws and arguably the most bang for your buck. Old tech, but simple.

I have 3 Stihls (MS-261, MS-400, MS-500i) and one new Echo I just got the other day (CS-620P) via a trade-in. The saw I traded in was a CS-590 that has around 200 cords of wood that was felled, limbed, and bucked on it (I’ve been clearing mountain pine beetle kill). In all that time, not one single issue. Not one. And I embarrassingly treated that saw like $hit. This is week I got an offer I couldn’t refuse on a new saw. The CS-620P appears to be a better version of the 590.

Echo makes GREAT saws and arguably the most bang for your buck. Old tech, but simple.
I bought a 620pw two years ago and it has become my favorite saw. no issues other than fines slipping past the filter, but some o rings fixed that. Opening up the muffler made a big difference as well. Great saw.
The 590 is just a neutered 620.

Latest posts

Back