Echo cs 310 anyone run one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought your 262, thanks!
Tested them side by side the other day in 18" white oak, the 620p was 10 seconds, and the 262xp was 11.5
I like them both as well, but the echo is defiantly a more solidly built machine, imo.
Glad your liking it! Ya I would agree with your assessment, the echo just always felt good in the hands, I never had a complaint about the echo, sucker just flat rips.

I bought your 262, thanks!
Tested them side by side the other day in 18" white oak, the 620p was 10 seconds, and the 262xp was 11.5
I like them both as well, but the echo is defiantly a more solidly built machine, imo.

You forgot to mention that the chain on the 262xp was on backwards ..............and dull

You forgot to mention that the chain on the 262xp was on backwards ..............and dull
Lol..
Both saws were running nice fresh sharp chains, with same length bars, could be the 262 maybe needs some tuning idk, but the echo cut exactly the same speed as my 562xp. We made 8 cuts per saw to try and get honest results..... 2 different operators as well.

Glad your liking it! Ya I would agree with your assessment, the echo just always felt good in the hands, I never had a complaint about the echo, sucker just flat rips.
It sure do!
My only slight complaint with the echo is, it's a bit heavy..... (but in reality it's only about 5 oz more than the 562xp).

I've got an Echo CS-306 that cuts like a rabid beaver. Qurious If the 310 is anything like that? It's nice to have a small agile saw for the light work.

The lightest echo saw ever made (34cc) was the CS-345
CS-345 powerhead 7.5lb with 34cc Made in Japan quality
I have a brand new one in the original box if anybody is interested.

CS-310 powerhead is 8.8lbs with 30cc
CS-352 powerhead is 8.8lbs with 34cc

I've never ran a cs310, but my cs3510 is my favorite small saw.... for comparison, other small saws I have are; ms180, husky 440, & 435, cs400 and ms250.
With the exception of the MS250, the rest are big box only models, assembled here with Chineseium parts. The MS170/180's are available at any dealer/ACE, for $150-175, out the door.

MAXIMIZE your little 30cc saws by dumping the safety chain and going Pro chain.
UNLESS, you are a newbe and decide you want to cut overhead and in front of your face.

The 310 is a nice little saw.
I have two. First bought used with no warranty so a muffler mod and retune. Runs like a scalded dog!! My favorite small saw. Running it with a 14" bar and 91VXL chain.
The second was new two years ago so still untouched. It doesn't get used much and was purchased when number one was in the shop. It's got a 16" bar running 91 VXL.

More than happy with them both but in all honesty, if the the dealer had had a 352 in stock, I would have chosen that over the second 310.

Back