echo CS-330T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheArborist

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone have any thing to say about the echo CS-330T? Sherrill has it listed at $250.00. It looks like a climbing saw. I need to replace my Stihl MS 200T, locally $650.00 after tax.
My Stihl has lasted 6 years. Will the echo last? Does it have power? Maintenance difficulties?

Ask about my MS 200t that caught fire in a tree last week and went for a 50+ foot flight...
THANKS, Bruce

Anyone have any thing to say about the echo CS-330T? Sherrill has it listed at $250.00. It looks like a climbing saw. I need to replace my Stihl MS 200T, locally $650.00 after tax.
My Stihl has lasted 6 years. Will the echo last? Does it have power? Maintenance difficulties?

Ask about my MS 200t that caught fire in a tree last week and went for a 50+ foot flight...
THANKS, Bruce

I have both.

The 330T works, cuts well, good little saw.

But it is NOT a 200T, not as fast, not likely as durable (don't know yet). Define power, it has a 14" blade and it is hard to stall, but speed wise it is not with the 200T. No difficulties yet, but have had less than 1 year. I have the 330T primarily as a backup for the 200T.

I have the big brother 360T with a muffler mod and its run along side my 200T's and it holds its own. With the muffler opened up it cuts close to the same speed, and has good power in the cut. I have gallons upon gallons of fuel threw it and no issues at all. I love it because I paid around 200 for it new, so i can buy 3 of them for the price of another 200T.

I have had 330 for a while runs great, not as strong as 200T but I think it cuts better then the 192 (the only 192s Ive used were in bad shape). The only real complaint I have is about the chain adjuster. Poor design in my opinion (if they havent improved it since I got mine).

Does the 330 use the little flathead insert in the bar to adjust the chain?

I just picked up a "echo"/Oregon bar for my Dolmar 3410TH and that's how the adjuster works on it, kinda weird but if the bolts are tight I don't foresee any problems.

Its a normal screw adjuster but it has two opposing gears one of which is held by a plastic block and if it gets tweaked a little the two gears dont mesh correctly and the adjuster fails to work correctly.

picture.php

Last edited:
Back