Echo CS-345 Dies Under Load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billygoat

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I picked up an older Echo CS-345 16” chainsaw that starts up and runs fine, but dies as soon as I start cutting with it. I replaced the fuel filter, put in fresh fuel, tried cracking the gas cap in case the breather was plugged…still no dice. I don’t get it. The carb looks spotless, not sure if it’s been replaced or was just kept clean. Any ideas?
E6AFD0F9-92C0-4753-9017-C24B4590C9F6.jpeg

I picked up an older Echo CS-345 16” chainsaw that starts up and runs fine, but dies as soon as I start cutting with it. I replaced the fuel filter, put in fresh fuel, tried cracking the gas cap in case the breather was plugged…still no dice. I don’t get it. The carb looks spotless, not sure if it’s been replaced or was just kept clean. Any ideas?
View attachment 1013698

Is the spark arrestor clean? Check carb adjustments. You could possibly be drawing air in somewhere also. When it's idling spray starting fluid or carb cleaner around the carb and intake and see if it dies immediately. Crank seals can also draw air in . If it has an air leak the saw can go lean and die. Air leaks can wreck a saw cylinder and piston. Good luck.

Back