Echo CS-3450 primer bulb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazard

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have this baby saw that I wanted to fix. I tried using the saw a few weeks ago and the primer bulb thing cracked. I was looking to replace it without having to pay labor. I was wondering if I could get some assistants on replacing it. Procedure or what to look out for. The part looks like it clips in and has two hoses going to it. I have included a pic of the saw and part. Thanks in advance

Chris

echo102308a.jpg

echo102308b.jpg

bulb

Hi Hazard,

It should be simple, but you may have to take the carb off to get clearance.

I have run different versions of this small saw for 20 years and have never had to change a bulb. Just luck I guess.

The throttle linkage is a little aggravating when reinstalling the carb, but other than that, the rest is pretty easy.

Also, the bulb is not a primer. It is a "purge pump" which means it only loads the carb with gas when empty (which a couple of extra pulls with the choke on will also do). A cracked bulb can give erratic fuel problems on some models.

Good luck,
echoman

replacing purge bulb

It is a lot easier than first examination appears. The bulb is held in by two barbed clips. Remove the air cleaner and filter then you can see the bottom of the bulb assembly, and by looking carefully you can see the end of the clips (The only hard part is seeing the clips as they are pretty well hidden). Remove the two tubes that go to the bulb, from the bottom end -- leave them attached to the old bulb on the top end (so that you can tell which one goes where). Then with needle nose pliers squeeze the barbed clips and push up on the bulb assembly. Pull the bulb assembly out with the tubes attached if possible. Put the tubes on the replacement assembly then insert back in the hole with the tubes in first. (Examine the tubes to make sure they are not cracked or split -- replace if damaged). Snap in the new assembly then connect the bottom end of the tubes, put the air cleaner back on and you're done.

I keep a few lengths of Tygon 6616 in my toolbox for doing these CS front carb saws...The short line, goes on the forward tube of the primer bulb, and hooks over to the top of the carb, it is known to be hard and stubburn, it will usually crack soon after bulb replacement if not replaced at the same time as the bulb..

But yeah, pop the hose off the carb, pop the longer hose off the nipple on the case, and using some pliers push the snaps in and pop the primer out, slide the lines off and on the new bulb, run it down, snap it in, put the long line back on making sure it clears the choke, and put on the new little length of tygon, and off you go...

Ive done probably 40 of them...takes me around 3 minutes start to finish including blowing out the carb cavity and filter...it's a breeze. The first one, I made a big deal over, removed the recoil, carb, and all that...took like 10 minutes. But that was years ago.:bang::bang::laugh:

Good luck.:rock:

Back