Echo CS-400 Full Chisel Chain Available?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh....according to the Stihl site it's not available anymore. It really doesn't sound like they make a full chisel for the CS-400. I've literally researched everywhere. I surely don't want to put a chain on that's not recommended, and have a failure of some sort. Guess I'm better off staying with recommended chains and the semi chisel.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/saw-chains/piccosuper/
I also have a CS 400 I drilled out the muffler, took the limiters off the carb and it really runs I buy this picco super and I cut the bumper links off. I have a breaker and a spinner I buy the 55 Link chain break them add required links and I’ve been running 62 links full chisel for quite some time. Use a Dremel to cut off the bumpers only takes about five minutes. I’m not recommending you do this. This is what works for me.

I’m telling you
Ugh....according to the Stihl site it's not available anymore. It really doesn't sound like they make a full chisel for the CS-400. I've literally researched everywhere. I surely don't want to put a chain on that's not recommended, and have a failure of some sort. Guess I'm better off staying with recommended chains and the semi chisel.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/saw-chains/piccosuper/
I’m telling you, if you run the tri-link full chisel, non safety chain from Tractor Supply or Home Depot(Power Care), you’ll be just as happy as any Stihl chain on a saw like the cs400. I’ve run everything from Stihl, Husqy to Carlton on it, and I’m quite satisfied with every aspect of the Chinese chain. Probably wouldn’t run it on my big saws, but…

I’m telling you

I’m telling you, if you run the tri-link full chisel, non safety chain from Tractor Supply or Home Depot(Power Care), you’ll be just as happy as any Stihl chain on a saw like the cs400. I’ve run everything from Stihl, Husqy to Carlton on it, and I’m quite satisfied with every aspect of the Chinese chain. Probably wouldn’t run it on my big saws, but…
I am very hard on my chainsaws push them and the stihl chains usually hold up once in a while I’ll bend one I tried the tractor supply full chisel, 62 link cutting 12 inch oak. I paid $25 for it. It lasted 20 minutes after 20 minutes, I couldn’t keep it on the bar. The runners were worn and a couple of them were bent, honestly I just threw the chain in the garbage if you’re cutting softwood and you’re not being aggressive, I think they would be fine but if you’re cutting hardwood and you’re being very aggressive, they’re not worth the money this is my personal experience with the two.

I am very hard on my chainsaws push them and the stihl chains usually hold up once in a while I’ll bend one I tried the tractor supply full chisel, 62 link cutting 12 inch oak. I paid $25 for it. It lasted 20 minutes after 20 minutes, I couldn’t keep it on the bar. The runners were worn and a couple of them were bent, honestly I just threw the chain in the garbage if you’re cutting softwood and you’re not being aggressive, I think they would be fine but if you’re cutting hardwood and you’re being very aggressive, they’re not worth the money this is my personal experience with the two.
20 minutes? You might benefit from learning how to operate a saw. I know this is the internet and nonsense prevails but if this is even true, you are doing something dead wrong. I cut a little wood myself, and can make the last a season sometimes.

20 minutes? You might benefit from learning how to operate a saw. I know this is the internet and nonsense prevails but if this is even true, you are doing something dead wrong. I cut a little wood myself, and can make the last a season sometimes.
You’re probably right one day I’ll grow up and be just like you. I think I’ve had enough here. Have a great day.

Last comment I think it’s so awesome that you’re pushing Chinese garbage with such fury and passion. You’re an awesome American.

Last comment I think it’s so awesome that you’re pushing Chinese garbage with such fury and passion. You’re an awesome American.
This isn’t fury or passion. The phone/computer or anything you’re typing from was made in any country but America. Same goes for what you’re wearing or driving. I’m actually a veteran and quite the patriot but I don’t draw a line with Chinese chains. Maybe on bigger saws with more power that put me in more precarious cutting situations.

My comment was mostly fueled by knowing it’s nonsense to “push your saw hard” and ruin any piece of it in 20 minutes to where it would be thrown away. It’s bad information based on poor practices and it serves no good purpose and is profoundly inefficient.

Back