Echo CS-4400 Type 1E muffler and carb modifications

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcmktg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I searched the forum for details on these modifications, but found only references to them. I lucked out recently and picked up an almost brand new CS-4400 Type 1E for $40.00. It was purchased as non-running from a non-mechanical sort of guy who didn't want to mess with it. It had a shorted ignition switch. :msp_biggrin: It had the original bar and chain that had been sharpened once. It seems to be a great running saw, but built more for tree hugging than tree cutting. It is a high-revving, lean-burning, ecology-focused saw that doesn't appear to have torque comparable to most other saws in its engine size range. I thought maybe some muffler and carb modifications might do this saw a lot of good. If anyone has some details on these mods, I would really appreciate it.

Al

If a Echo saw doesn't have good torque it's set too lean, tune and muff modd. Also if has a muff screen check it. I set mine up with a 3/8 nk 6 tooth ,cuts really good Steve

Last edited:
Back