Echo- Cs-530

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, hello to the fellow members and admins., and I'm glad to see Echo making a harder stab at the commercial saw market these days. When I had my lawn business in Fla, I used Red Max, Stihl, and Echo power equipment. The Red Max trimmers would give up an ignition coil from time to time, didn't have the low RPM grunt I liked, felt awkward, but make a killer back pack blower. Stihl felt a little awkward, but was rock solid in every other way. Echo felt lighter and better balanced to me and most my guys, rock solid performance and reliability, broad power band, I can't say enough. The flex tube on the Echo blower always seemed a bit cheesy to me, but I never had any trouble out of one. This inspired me to buy Echo saws, and I was not let down there either. I personally believe Stihl and Echo are overall on top in the market considering their entire product line and years of good products. I was using a Stihl saw, but when I bought my Echo, it felt better balanced as did the trimmers, and I could work it harder a whole day with less fatigue, and of course, absolutely ZERO problems. I've yet to have to change even a spark plug after six years. I've bought a CS400 for smaller trimming jobs, and climbing, and after seeing the newer models at the shop, they have a superior layout when compared to their models made a few years ago. Their air filters are so easy to service, the saw is so easy to clean, and my new saw doesn't even hardly get dirty. You take it apart after 10 or so hours of use, and there's hardly any dust anywhere inside the saw. I wish I could justify a new CS670. I really am impressed over and over again with both Echo and Stihl products.

Commercial lawn care, echo, right on. Logging and forestry, echo, no good.

Actually if Echo would update there bigger saws who knows! The 670 and 8000 are 30yr old designs but like older saws a little lower rpm and torque! It will be interesting to see what they come out with in the near future in the larger cc units!

cs530

Bought one today. Nice saw. I owned many husky's and havent been impressed with some of the new ones. The 460 was an orange toilet and the 359 was ok, the cs530 put it to shame, even with the chink chain on it.
I also have a cs 400, just broke in and gutted the muffler, puts my ms250 to shame. They are great saws. People say dont buy from bigbox stores and go to a dealer. Dealers suck. I bought my makita and both echos from home depot
cs400 $230, cs530 $380, DCS6401 $500 all brand new and are the best of my
saws exept for my cs650 evl, that thing is an 1981 and is unkillable and outcuts
the 372xp. Echo's are great saws, I hate primerbulbs, don't know why,
I just do. All my husqvarna's are in my basement in peices because they suck.
385xp $900, three tanks of fuel, bad bearing???? Dealer won't touch it.

Bought one today. Nice saw. I owned many husky's and havent been impressed with some of the new ones. The 460 was an orange toilet and the 359 was ok, the cs530 put it to shame, even with the chink chain on it.
I also have a cs 400, just broke in and gutted the muffler, puts my ms250 to shame. They are great saws. People say dont buy from bigbox stores and go to a dealer. Dealers suck. I bought my makita and both echos from home depot
cs400 $230, cs530 $380, DCS6401 $500 all brand new and are the best of my
saws exept for my cs650 evl, that thing is an 1981 and is unkillable and outcuts
the 372xp. Echo's are great saws, I hate primerbulbs, don't know why,
I just do. All my husqvarna's are in my basement in peices because they suck.
385xp $900, three tanks of fuel, bad bearing???? Dealer won't touch it.

Really? Only three tanks on a new 385xp and the dealer won't respond? Hmmm.

Is there another side to your story somewhere? Seems a teensy weensy bit down on everything except Echo.

echo

No, not at all, they all make some good saws, just my experience.
As a matter of fact, every one of my new saws wil be dolmar from here on out.

Say what you will but echo is beatable yes there are better out there but I dont believe you can beat the price of the saw for what you get. Id say easily one of the best saws you can get for the money. Esp under $500 even under $250 But I love my stihls but this cs 670 have I gotta say for price I would pay it again.

cs530

No primer bulb on it, the 400 does, I bought it for a backup beater, but after I
hollowed out the muffler and figured out the limiter caps, it has a nice powerband. The ms250 is a great runner and a beautiful saw as well, a touch more snot in it but I can cut faster with the cs400. Each one has its job.
The stihl has been problematic for me, oiler didn't work when new, non adjustable, yesterday I checked the air filter after limbing some mullberry and
found saw dust in the air box. Nothing wrong visually with the filter, saw is still fairly new, about fifteen tanks through it now. Cleaned it up, took it out and it ran funny for the first minute. Its ok now but I am wondering what kind of miniscule damage happend and what is going to happen in the future. Another
dealer saw, called them and asked if that was a common problem and they said no of course. I have never had that problem before. SAWDUST IN MY AIRBOX!!! I cleaned it and sealed the filterlip with some vaseline. I'm pissed.
paid premium dollars for the little stihl over a husky and that happend.
maybe it'll be fine and maybe not. On the other hand the echo is the same age,
more use no issues at all and I am hard on my saws, clean em up every time and am meticulous on matainece, not 1 problem with it. Its just to say that
Maybe I got a junk one, I love stihl, but saws are not cheap, I am tired of replacing them.

Latest posts

Back