Echo CS-590 Carb initial (factory) settings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the advise; it is truly appreciated.
I'm going to make a quick adjustment and return the saw this afternoon.

Looks like I have to go in the shop myself, so afterwards I'm going to the hospital.
I've been headed toward kidney failure for some time now; it seems I've arrived at my destination.

Thanks Again.

Take care of yourself.

I was under the impression those saws had a 5 year warranty so why bother. take it to the dealer and have them sort it out no? There are echo dealers about? Right? ;)

I will say this about my MM'd 600 and I'd imagine the 590 is pretty similar: WOT rpm's set at 12,300-12,500 seems to be the sweet spot for torque. You can really lean on a 20" b&c and it just keeps on eat'n wood.

They are impressive saws!! I've never ran a 600 but the 590's are a GREAT saw for the money. The 620 is even more impressive with its larger carb an unlimited coil.

Unlimiting a 590 would undoughtable unleash it a lot.

These saw respond well to porting also!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

They are impressive saws!! I've never ran a 600 but the 590's are a GREAT saw for the money. The 620 is even more impressive with its larger carb an unlimited coil.

Unlimiting a 590 would undoughtable unleash it a lot.

These saw respond well to porting also!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You know, I did a fair amount of comparing my 600 (20" b&c) to my 620 (24" b&c) this last summer. The 600's muff was opened up a little more than the 620 which just had the 90* deflector cut out. I noticed the higher rpm's of the 620 but you know what, I couldn't tell all that much difference in the cut. Didn't time them...the 620 may have been a bit quicker but if it was, it wasn't by much. The 600p has really impressed the hell out of me especially considering it's responsible price.

I don't believe un-limiting the 590 or 600 is really necessary, at least in stock or MM'd form. Yes, it would allow higher rpm's but without other mods, it would do nothing except take the saw out of it's "sweet spot" for torque (12.3-12.5k). I've played with the rpm and going higher or lower quickly makes the saw less torquey.

Porting? I've watched Randy and Brad's vids of 600p's they did and they seemed impressive. Both those guys talked very highly of the saw. I have an appointment in January to get one of my other 600p's ported so we will see.

Latest posts

Back