Echo CS-590 timberwolf vs. Echo CS-600P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cant uderstand question, go on husquvarna web site and look at all the saws, they have 9 tottal 50-55cc .just saying thats all; who are you the only one that can put up a post, gotta go, ill try to stay off,just keep working supporting ny welfare state, i have 9 employees that all have familys that cont on my hard working excavating company, just like to go on at night to find good ideas about saws, not from you,

if that's your oleo-mac in the avaitar who cares about the echo! awesome saw very jealous you suck
I'm not the owner, unfortunately. I have held one in a saw shop while in Eastern Europe with my girlfriend, very heavy and solid. She said it was pretty:D

Quality -finish -design all top notch.

My 600 p was a good running saw. My dad badgered me relentlessly to buy a Stihl but at the time I couldn't quite swing a pro grade saw in that line so I got the Echo. The 600 unquestionably beat my dad's ms311 in head to head cutting, both with ~24" bars and fresh Oregon square chain, same log. I know that the ms 311 isn't a pro saw, and it's been really reliable for my dad, but it was satisfying to have my choice of saw vindicated in that instance. However, I do think that the 555 Husqy that replaced the 600 after it was stolen was even better cutting. Never got to run them side by side obviously, but within a couple weeks of each other. I do wonder about the 620 though...

My 600 p was a good running saw. My dad badgered me relentlessly to buy a Stihl but at the time I couldn't quite swing a pro grade saw in that line so I got the Echo. The 600 unquestionably beat my dad's ms311 in head to head cutting, both with ~24" bars and fresh Oregon square chain, same log. I know that the ms 311 isn't a pro saw, and it's been really reliable for my dad, but it was satisfying to have my choice of saw vindicated in that instance. However, I do think that the 555 Husqy that replaced the 600 after it was stolen was even better cutting. Never got to run them side by side obviously, but within a couple weeks of each other. I do wonder about the 620 though...

For close money...not the same but close....you have a choice, stock husky or stihl, or echo and get it ported right off the bat.

I'm only saying that I had a positive experience with the the 600 p. I'm not sure I'd buy another one, because I'm not really comfortable with my local Echo shop, but the 620 p might well tempt me. Just wish I could handle/run one first. I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling from any of the other saw shops around here either so maybe it's just me.

SAVE YOUR MONEY BUY THE 590, I HAVE 2 9 OTHER SAWS; everybody gets off the subject and start comparing 650-700 dollors saws plain and simple i own the huskys; stills, that are 55-66 cc THE ECHO 399,99 AND HAS 5 YEAR WARENTY, BEST UY ON THE MARKET . MY HUMBLE OPINION,

That 5 year warranty was part of my reasoning in buying my 600. But, warranty might or might not do you a lot of good on a saw that you have to modify to get it to run the way it ought to, e.g. pulling limiter caps. That's what I took away from a couple of conversations I had with the owner of the local Echo shop. He wouldn't even acknowledge a possibility that optimal tuning couldn't be achieved with the caps in place, and kept trying to steer the conversation toward bad gas and how people mistake bad fuel for mixture issues. I walked away feeling that if I had a problem with my saw I'd be on my own since the caps had been pulled. Point is, buy the saw you like from someone you can trust, if you're fortunate enough to find such an individual.

there ALL that way, you think husky or stihl will honer a warrenty on a moddified saw; I DONT THINK SO, tractor suply stopped my warrent on a month old lawn mower becuse i change the spark plug come mod your HUSKY AND TAKE TO THE DEALER ------GOOD LUCK, ONCE AGAIN OFF THE SUBJECT, MY HUSKY MUFFLER BURN THE TREES WHEN FELLING BECUSE THE WAY THERE MOUNTED,NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT, KEEP MODDIFIYING TILL YOU BLOW ONE UP, ANY MAKE, GOOD LUCK, I HAD MY DOZER KNOCK A TREE DOWN ON MY 590 ECHO,I TOLD THEM THE TRUTH THEY MAILED ME THE PARTS AND WRENCHES IN 3 DAYS, WERE TALKING ABOUT MONEY WELL SPENT, I USED TO RUN 1000CC THUNDER CAT, EVERYBODY WITH A 600 WANTED TO RACE AFTER 115MPH MY SKIS WERE JUST TOUCHING THE GROUND, GOOD BY MOD, 600 CC, I WAS STOCK 135 ON SACANDAGA LAKE, TRY IT, THE MANUFACTURE SPENDS MILLIONS ON RESERCH HAVE FAITH, OR BORE EM MODIFY THEM AND THEY RUN FASTER, BUT SORRY NO WARENTY, COME ON COMONSENCE,

Not at all suggesting that this sort of thing is limited to Echo dealers, just relaying an experience I had, to underline the point I've seen made here by many, that the dealer is as important as the product. I'm not bashing Echo by any means.

A lot of BS going on here. I don't really want to jump into this discussion because of the sad level it is at - I never ever would want to buy one of those Echo saws anyway, they simply aren't on the same planet as the good 60cc saws.
As an alternative to plastic cased clamshell saws like the MS311 they may be relevant though.

Niko, until you run an Echo with your own hands, I think you really should stay out of any thread Echo related. I may have engaged in poulan bashing in the past, and now have more old counter-vibes than echos in my stable. I will say though, my 600p is always my go to saw. My 3700 is a close second.
The 590, IMO, is a superior product in the large homeowner class to the 311 or 460 rancher, and a much better value. If you step up to big dollar saws, it may be outclassed somewhat, but that being said, I'll always prefer Echo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niko, until you run an Echo with your own hands, I think you really should stay out of any thread Echo related. I may have engaged in poulan bashing in the past, and now have more old counter-vibes than echos in my stable. I will say though, my 600p is always my go to saw. My 3700 is a close second.
The 590, IMO, is a superior product in the large homeowner class to the 311 or 460 rancher, and a much better value. If you step up to big dollar saws, it may be outclassed somewhat, but that being said, I'll always prefer Echo.

So how would you personally compare your 600P to the 590 power wise?
I have looked into this a few times and never really came up with the same conclusion from all my findings because when I look up the 600p & 590 IPl's they have a different part number for the piston and cylinders, so im assuming they are different. I have heard it said they are the same P/C with an "updated" part number.
So im a little confused about the matter.

One problem is that Echo don't post power specs in the US, and the reason is simple - they are so low that it would be bad for marketing. Either they don't know how to port and carburett a two-cycle engine properly, or they simply don't respect their costumers enough to do so. Nothing else is great about the saws either, except that you may get a mag cased saw for plastic cased price.

It may have helped a little that they "absorbed" Shindaiwa though, but merging a bad brand with a just slightly better one only helps that much. I understand the Echo 620 mainly is a Shindaiwa design, and it surely shows some improvement, even though it still is too heavy, and lack a little power compared to the better saws in the 60cc class.

The 590 isn't the 620 though!

I don't sit and study the ipl's, and I've never run a 590. My 600 is the gen2 version with the aluminum bar, not plastic. To be honest, I couldn't give a damn what the "power" rating is. All I care us how it feels in my hands and cuts wood. Period.
Once again, I'm just going to bow out to the obviously superior knowledge of someone who hasn't even run the damn saw.
Plenty of people are loyal customers who love their Echo equipment. I'm one.
Back to the poulan thread for me.

I don't sit and study the ipl's, and I've never run a 590. My 600 is the gen2 version with the aluminum bar, not plastic. To be honest, I couldn't give a damn what the "power" rating is. All I care us how it feels in my hands and cuts wood. Period.
Once again, I'm just going to bow out to the obviously superior knowledge of someone who hasn't even run the damn saw.
Plenty of people are loyal customers who love their Echo equipment. I'm one.
Back to the poulan thread for me.

Fair enough. Im sorry I misread your previous post, I thought you had both saws.

Oh yeah that loose lip troll talking about echo's does get old in a hurry! Maybe he's going for a high post count or something... I dont know.;)

I don't want to overstep boundaries being new here and all, but to me (and I've been reading his posts for a couple of years) it seems that ST is actually lightening up a little bit on Echo products. Used to be he said stuff like "pest or cholera" at any mention of Echo... just sayin'...

Dont get me wrong, I value the troll here on the site. He brings alot to the table!
Its just gets old when he sounds like a broken record stating his opinion about something he doesnt agree with, thats all.

Latest posts

Back