Echo CS-590 Timberwolf

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish to confirm my similar observations regarding the Echo CS-590. I have run several CS-590 and CS-600P saws for years, along with the aforementioned modifications. Great saws and a great value. Usually, most Echo saws like this seem to be showing about 165 psi on my compression gauges. One thing that perplexes me, is how Echo keeps producing the type of decompression valves that keep popping up after just one half to one completed pull. Its not that you actually need the decompression valve with just a 60cc saw, but I have rotator cuff problems. I usually don't have this problem with Husqvarna chainsaws, but to be fair, their compression readings are many times a little lower than the Echo. I have the same problem with my Stihl MS-660 magnum, but that brute is putting out over 180 psi compression. Replacement costs for the Echo CS-590 OEM decompression valves are ridiculous compared to aftermarket prices available for Husqvarna. Not only does a good decompression valve save your shoulder, it also spares wear and tear on your recoil starter. Has anybody else experienced this?
I'm honestly surprised the compression is that high as the guy that ported mine maid it sound like the factory squish should have its own area code. Wouldn't touch solder even with the base gasket out. Its at .020 now but iv never checked the compression since I got it back. When it was stock I'd use the decomp on a cold start never had a problem with it. I use it all the time now and still have no trouble with it.

For as good as saws as the Echo's owners have experienced why is the re-sale so poor?

For as good as saws as the Echo's owners have experienced why is the re-sale so poor?
They don't have the following stihl and husky have to start. I didn't go looking for my 590 I went to the dealer with cash in hand to get a 362 and was told don't waist your money the 590 will do the job for half the money. I'd be a Stihl guy if it wasn't for an honest dealer.

Far as resale is concerned one has to realize that not all of the Echo saws are as well designed as the CS-590/600/620's. Then you have the overshadowed thing from the "big" names, combined with folks "bashing" Echo stuff as hard as they can in public Forum whenever they get a change. I chuckle at those folks as most probably don't have as much real experience with them as I spent on the crapper last week and are mostly just regurgitating old information they heard someplace, or at most one bad experience with one of their "old" designs, etc.

I've owned just about everything they have offered or at least worked on them at one time or another and many are just OK. The only real "home-runs" in the line-up that I've encountered besides the 590/600/620's are the CS-510/520's and they are more of a "mid-range" saw not sporting a lot of professional features.

Early on I owned a couple of reed valve engine top handles and several CS-440's, CS-6700/670's and a CS-800. Not overly impressed with any of those, at least if you are comparing them to similar sized Professional offerings from Stihl or Husqvarna. They are just OK, but you will never run a stock version of any of them and find yourself overly impressed. Running a CS-670 reminds me of the old Mac's we started out with back in the 1970's, they grunt along just fine and will cut all the firewood you would ever need and never grumble much. Just don't pick up a 262/268/272XP and start doing the same thing as you woln't find yourself reaching for the CS-6700/670 very often.......IMHO......Cliff

I agree with Cliff on the resale value. Many just roll their eyes at Echo saws. Nothing wrong with brand loyalty but when someone says Echo won't last like Stihl or Husky, I just laugh. Fact is, all manufacturers have some great models and some not so great. I'm no expert by any means but I try to be fair when giving my opinion. I have a Husky mower that I HATE but LOVE my 372XP. It's hard to argue the reliability and price of Echo. I certainly recommend them to friends that don't have big money to spend on a saw. We all tend to forget some people actually consider saws necessary tools, not toys like us.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Back